View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kmcengOffline
15 Post subject: [solved] Alt+Shift modifier unsupported?  PostPosted: 16.08.2011, 15:53

Double Commander has a key combination Alt+Shift+Enter to calculate directory sizes, but it fails in aptosid. (it is seen only as Alt+Enter)

I've verified it works fine in several other Debian/KDE distros and also in the 2010-06 Sidux.

Trying to set a global shortcut pops-up a message:
"Unsupported Key"
"The key you just pressed is not supported by Qt."

Could this be a newer KDE thing, or something peculiar to aptosid?

Last edited by kmceng on 29.08.2011, 18:50; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
arwaOffline
Post subject: RE: Alt+Shift modifier unsupported?  PostPosted: 28.08.2011, 11:54

I have tried to set alt+shift+enter as a hotkey for an option in konqueror and it works fine. Also setting it (but I did not try to really apply it) in a global shortcut works fine.

So I guess it has something to do with the keyboard/keymap configuration on your system!?

kmcengOffline
15 Post subject: [solved] Alt+Shift modifier unsupported?  PostPosted: 29.08.2011, 18:50

Could have sworn I checked this before, but I just found that
Alt+Shift was set as a shortcut for changing keyboard layouts.
I use dvorak, but don't have any other layouts set. If I do want to switch, I use setxkbmap.

Clearing that setting in SystemSettings->InputDevices->Keyboard->Layouts, now Alt+Shift is accepted.

Jump to: