View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 04.09.2011, 07:12
Team Member

We only support DMs we ship with our releases, this is kdm and gdm as of today.

Upstream XFCE has decided to default onto lightdm for the future (and not gdm3). We will follow that decision for our XFCE release, as soon as ligthdm fullfills all our needs (most important auto login for live-iso users is still broken).

There is also a lot of work to be done before we can support an additional DM. Everyone is welcome to provide patches to the following packages: desktop-defaults, aptosid-settings-lightdm, pyfll, all art packages and the installer.

With our possible future LXDE release we additionally might ship lxdm, which already does all we need, is prepared in all our own packages already - but still needs to find it's way into Debian Sid. We are working on getting this done, but things take time in Debian when it comes to new packages.

Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
smooOffline
Post subject: Same here, for a long time  PostPosted: 11.10.2011, 16:11

I've noticed this for at least eight months (possibly a year on some of my boxes). I've been pretty careful lately to make sure X is killed, but for quite a while switching to runlevel 3 wasn't shutting down KDM at all (KDM was the only login manager I used).

titanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 11.10.2011, 17:07

hubi wrote:
      Luis_P wrote:
In the manual there is no mention about the fact that init 3 does not work in display managers others than kdm and gdm.

We don't ship any other display manager. If a user installs another display manager he/she is responsible to deal with it's behaviour, not the manual team.

hubi

It is in the manual http://manual.aptosid.com/en/wm-dm-en.htm#dm

Jump to: