View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 12.09.2010, 17:20
Team Member

Well, I was one of those initially fighting hard for the integrated bi-lingual solution when we started sidux. It was my dream of getting people together, regardless of their language. Over 2 years later, I think we all have learned our lesson. Development is development, support is support, and community is community. Mixing those too much leads to problems, as we have seen. Let's try the new divided solution for some time, and please everyone help to make it work. No one says we can't re-decide later on, but just give it a honest try - and explore the freedom of a German community forum, not depending on us. Smile
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
arwaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 11:02

I am German and my English is good enough to understand and answer most of the posts in english. But if I think of a mixed english and spain or english and french forum this would be very hard for me, because I do not understand a word spain or french. This would be very confusing.

So I think it is good to divide the forums. The only bad is that I have to check two upgrade warning forums now. Also the aptosid.de is _very_ slow at the moment.

CaesarTjalboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 11:19

devil wrote:
it was always devided. a lot of german users want a german forum because some do not speak EN good enough to feel secure.
native lang is always the best to express yourself. i see no real solution to that Sad
This is the world of IT, we don't even use English-English but we use the English from the USA. Nobody cares if I feel secure and neither Deutsch nor English are my native languages. It's about solutions to technical problems and I've always found the old forum (and IRC) a bad solution even though I can understand die Deutsch Sprache and the English language but this is an even worse idea.

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 11:29
Team Member

arwa wrote:
...The only bad is that I have to check two upgrade warning forums now. Also the aptosid.de is _very_ slow at the moment.
Yes, we are still working on getting the server fly as it does on aptosid.com.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
ottoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 18:23

dear buddies,
Congrats for the aptosid website!Thumbs up for you! It's a new time with a great sucess! I made up to use my own name, instead of 'carioca' (because It was available) as I used at the sidux Brazil. Now I'm asking you if someone can help me up to rebuid my sidux Brazil to the new 'aptosid" website because I'm without webmaster there. FYI I have already registered the url http://www.aptosid.com.br for the new aptosid.
cheers.

EeePC32Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 18:46

is there any changes to the apt sources list necessary, when switching a running system from sidux to aptosid?

BelaLugosiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 19:13

EeePC32 wrote:
is there any changes to the apt sources list necessary, when switching a running system from sidux to aptosid?

http://aptosid.com/index.php?module=new ... &sid=7

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 20:26
Team Member

otto wrote:
dear buddies,
Congrats for the aptosid website!Thumbs up for you! It's a new time with a great sucess! I made up to use my own name, instead of 'carioca' (because It was available) as I used at the sidux Brazil. Now I'm asking you if someone can help me up to rebuid my sidux Brazil to the new 'aptosid" website because I'm without webmaster there. FYI I have already registered the url http://www.aptosid.com.br for the new aptosid.
cheers.
Otto, pls feel free to get in contact with me, as we did last time.
Greetings,
Chris

EeePC32Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 21:40

BelaLugosi wrote:

Thanks Smile

ottoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 23:11

slam wrote:
      otto wrote:
dear buddies,
cheers.
Greetings,
Chris

Very Happy
Thanks a lot, Chris. I appreciate your assistance too much. fyi I have just sent a p.m. message with important data some minutes ago.Feel free to make the necessary changes to the new aptosid Brazil. The aptosid users in Brazil are very, very, very happy with aptosid news. I'm assure the aptsid will conquer many more users now.
cheers.
Otto.

Laughing

clearyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 13.09.2010, 23:22

otto wrote:
      slam wrote:
      otto wrote:
dear buddies,
cheers.
Greetings,
Chris

Very Happy
Thanks a lot, Chris. I appreciate your assistance too much. fyi I have just sent a p.m. message with important data some minutes ago.Feel free to make the necessary changes to the new aptosid Brazil. The aptosid users in Brazil are very, very, very happy with aptosid news. I'm assure the aptsid will conquer many more users now.
cheers.
Otto.

Laughing

Hi otto/carioca,
Feel free to get in contact with either myself or klaymen (or detaos too, I'm sure) if you need some logos or similar.

Easiest way to do this is joining the #aptosid-art channel on irc, or just pm us here.

ottoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 00:43

cleary wrote:
      otto wrote:
      slam wrote:
      otto wrote:
dear buddies,
cheers.
Greetings,
Chris

Very Happy
cheers.
Otto.

Laughing

Hi otto/carioca,
Feel free to get in contact with either myself or klaymen (or detaos too, I'm sure) if you need some logos or similar.

Easiest way to do this is joining the #aptosid-art channel on irc, or just pm us here.

Very Happy
dear cleary,
It would be very helpful to get the new logos or similar ones.
cheers.
Otto
Cool

siegekingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 18.09.2010, 14:54

I agree. Browsing two sites is not comfortable. Not for me. I understand both ways. Glad I'm good in english although a section in german would be nice.

oduffoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 19.09.2010, 18:15

Yes, browsing two sites is really not comfortable. I would have preferred the old solution as well.

But I can see the reasoning behind the change and so let's give it at least a "honest try" (as slam wrote some posts above).

Besides that, how could one really argue for an EN/DE forum only. All other languages would chime in and ask for the same right. Then we would end up with an EN/DE/PT/IT/FR/GR/CZ ... etc. etc. forum. One would definitely not like such a mixture.

Gruß
oduffo

ottoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 24.09.2010, 14:56

Idea
I agreed what oduffo said:

Quotation:

"Besides that, how could one really argue for an EN/DE forum only. All other languages would chime in and ask for the same right. Then we would end up with an EN/DE/PT/IT/FR/GR/CZ ... etc. etc. forum...."

Congrats for the aptosid team about this worry ! I like it best! My humble opinion aptosid is a multilingual O.S. and It should have the own communities for the users who don't speak english and german.The aptosid in a short time has launched the german community, the brazilian portuguese community, the french community and it will certaily spread about too many more international comunities as the languages the aptosid speaks. This is the best way to spread about the aptosid by getting new users.Very well done, indeed!
My first brazilian sidux comunity was released on 09/5th./2008 at http://sidux.forumeiros.com/forum.htm
Afterwards We migrated to http://sidux.forumdebian.com.br/forumnovo/
And now we are at http://www.aptosid.com.br . Thus, We can do our best with the users who speak only portuguese. they do deserve an aptosid support too. For the reason most of them don't speak either the english nor the german. So we can guarantee they will keep on the aptosid.
Cheers.
Very Happy

Jump to: