View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cphayes0882Offline
Post subject: Thanks Aptosid  PostPosted: 09.09.2011, 00:32

Want to thank Aptosid for some major help. Ive been using Linux for almost 3 years now. Ive a basic grasp of the command line, but generally used the GUI tools to make my life easier. I decided to install Aptosid to get a deeper knowledge of linux and debian. Must say, Ive used the CLI more in the past two days than In the past almost three years, which is a good thing.

Keep up the good work guys, for having an unstable base this distro sure is stable.

Reply with quote Back to top
bluewaterOffline
Post subject: RE: Thanks Aptosid  PostPosted: 09.09.2011, 02:50
Team Member

Thank you, its always good to get such great feedback.

Regards
Trevor

cphayes0882Offline
Post subject: RE: Thanks Aptosid  PostPosted: 09.09.2011, 03:00

Its not a problem, this distro, as far as the MANY Ive used is excellent. It is for me anway easy to use, but at the same time, makes me use the CLI. The whole dist-upgrade thing , what with init 3 etc, Ive never had to do that before, but its given me a HUGE appreciation of apt-get. Again, Im thanking you Aptosid devs big time, you have in my opinion a distro with a great combination of ease of use and customization(this is coming from a most definite linux sorta-newbie). Again keep up the good work.

spockOffline
Post subject: RE: Thanks Aptosid  PostPosted: 09.09.2011, 20:08

Yes, I'd like to add my gratitude to everyone working on this awesome project, which I've found to be the best version of the best OS ever (Debian, obviously) Very Happy

Jump to: