View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mzOffline
29 Post subject: Horizontal scrollbars in libreoffice calc 3.4.3 [WORKAROUND]  PostPosted: 10.10.2011, 16:16

In libreoffice calc 3.4.3, horizontal scrollbars do not work and only 80% of their height is displayed. This is the case in dialog boxes as well as the main window.

A search indicates that this related to the Oxygen theme. I tried all of the themes in aptosid but all behaved the same. One person said that using the GTK+ theme corrected the problem for him but I do not see that theme available.

I also tried renaming ~/.libreoffice so it would create a new one; this did not help.

I see the problem on one machine with the nvidia blob and also on another with intel graphics.

Last edited by mz on 16.10.2011, 13:53; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
clubexOffline
Post subject: RE: Horizontal scrollbars broken in libreoffice calc 3.4.3  PostPosted: 10.10.2011, 17:04

No problem here. If you have libreoffice-kde installed try removing it. It can cause problems.

drbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.10.2011, 17:08

I removed libreoffice-kde to 'solve' this

mzOffline
Post subject: RE: Horizontal scrollbars broken in libreoffice calc 3.4.3  PostPosted: 10.10.2011, 17:11

Thank you; removing libreoffice-kde fixed the problem. All better now.

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Horizontal scrollbars broken in libreoffice calc 3.4.3  PostPosted: 10.10.2011, 17:40

This issue has existed in all 3.4.x versions as far as I have seen. It affects all Libreoffice programs. There is another thread about this issue and others at http://aptosid.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1719.

Another workaround is to change the Widget style under System Settings/Application Appearance/Style/Widget Style to anything other than Oxygen. Lately, I've been using the Plastique Widget style along with libreoffice-kde without problems. But this change will affect your widget style in all applications that use KDE/QT to draw them.

hubiOffline
Post subject: RE: Horizontal scrollbars broken in libreoffice calc 3.4.3  PostPosted: 10.10.2011, 21:07

libreoffice-gtk integrates quite well here. I replaced libreoffice-kde which rendered libreoffice itself unusuable with my preferred oxygen theme.

hubi

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Horizontal scrollbars broken in libreoffice calc 3.4.3  PostPosted: 11.10.2011, 02:00

If you have a middle mouse button, those mangled horizontal scrollbars will work with it, but they're ugly. Weird widget issue.

droogheadOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 12.10.2011, 12:57

I have found that you can keep libreoffice-kde and use qtcurve widget style to fix this issue nicely. The default libreoffice widgets are ugly otherwise.

mzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.10.2011, 14:53

Thanks for the qtcurve hint. Everything works and it doesn't look like 1995.

belzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.10.2011, 21:42

Fixed? It does NOT work. We have 2 workaround so far; the best imho is the middle button trick. I want kde integration (file pick up mostly!) so disablig it removing libreoffice-kde is not a good point.
Using another gtk engine is a better choice, but is still a workaround not a solution.
The solution will arrive when libreoffice-kde and gtk-oxygen engine will work together.

mzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 16.10.2011, 13:55

Agreed. Should have said: workarounds work for me. Do you know if there is an open bug report on this?

Jump to: