View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kidiotOffline
Post subject: Release file is expired  PostPosted: 15.10.2011, 08:42

Hi there!
I wanted to have a look if i can d-u today, but when i update this message appears:
      Quote:
E: Release file for http://cdn.debian.net/debian/dists/sid/InRelease is expired (invalid since 12 h 12 min 28 s). Updates for this repository will not be applied.

I don't think there is anything to do from your side and i will just not upgrade for now, but maybe there is something i've been missing in the last weeks, so i wanted to make sure if there's anything i can do right now to fix this.

Reply with quote Back to top
DonKultOffline
Post subject: RE: Release file is expired  PostPosted: 15.10.2011, 09:16
Team Member

Change your mirror to one close to you, see e.g. http://www.debian.org/mirror/list -- cdn tries to guess which is close and this fails sometimes. The rotation of the servers behind it is also quiet big…

It seems that you end up on an outdated mirror. Typically mirrors are synced frequently, but this one seems to be 7 days behind… bad. Unfortunately i can't reproduce this here as i end up on an other mirror (which is in sync). If you try again and it still happens find out the real address of this mirror and report the issue to debian-mirrors@list.debian.org (That is a mailinglist dealing with mirror issues).

Just for the record: This could also be caused by a man-in-the-middle attack which is why APT refuses to still use the file. It's just that outdated mirrors are more common, but an outdated mirror is a problem non-the-less.

slamOffline
Post subject: RE: Release file is expired  PostPosted: 15.10.2011, 09:16
Team Member

Simply use another mirror.
Moved to "Software", no reason for an upgrade warning.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
clubexOffline
Post subject: RE: Release file is expired  PostPosted: 15.10.2011, 09:30

Also check your clock is correct.

Jump to: