View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gumperOffline
Post subject: [solved]Logitech marble mouse middle button no longer works  PostPosted: 17.10.2011, 23:41

Up until a couple of days ago I was able to emulate the middle button when activating both the left and right button at the same time.

For some reason I'm no longer able to do this. I suspect that this stopped working after a recent update to something that deals with xorg. I see from looking at the apt history log file that xserver-xorg-core & xserver-common were recently updated.

Is it possible that one of these update could have broken my middle button emulation?

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Below is what I have entered in "10-evdev.conf"

Code:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier  "Marble Mouse"
        MatchProduct "ImExPS/2 Logitech Explorer Mouse"
        MatchIsPointer "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "evdev"
        Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9"
        Option "EmulateWheel" "true"
        Option "EmulateWheelButton" "8"
   Option "EmulateWheelInertia" "10"
        Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7"
        Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
EndSection

Last edited by gumper on 21.10.2011, 11:20; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Logitech marble mouse middle button no longer working  PostPosted: 18.10.2011, 00:06

It's been a while since I last used used Emulate3Buttons, but did the detected product name (which you're using for string matching) change by chance?

gumperOffline
Post subject: RE: Logitech marble mouse middle button no longer working  PostPosted: 18.10.2011, 01:06

I'm not sure about that. Is there a way that I can check this?

I do know that the other functions like the forward and back buttons work ok so I would assume that it's being detected properly by evdev.

gumperOffline
Post subject: RE: Logitech marble mouse middle button no longer working  PostPosted: 21.10.2011, 11:18

Problem solved after update yesterday. "xserver-common" and "xserver-xorg-core" were both upgraded so I guess that's what fixed it.

Jump to: