View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wofritzOffline
Post subject: wicd not starting after d-u (with solution)  PostPosted: 22.10.2011, 09:27

Maybe only a glitch on my system...

wicd daemon did not start any more after today's d-u.

Solution:
apt-get install python-wicd --reinstall

Wolfgang

Reply with quote Back to top
diblOffline
Post subject: Re: wicd not starting after d-u (with solution)  PostPosted: 22.10.2011, 12:12

wofritz wrote:
Maybe only a glitch on my system...

No, it happened on my netbook too. I watched the d-u and saw the upgrade of python-wicd -- there was no error. But after I went to init 5, wicd did not restart. When I tried to start it manually, it gave an error "wicd cannot connect to dbus interface". I shut down and restarted and after reboot it came up correctly with no issues. Strange ...

LatOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: wicd not starting after d-u (with solution)  PostPosted: 23.10.2011, 20:08

does wicd come with aptosid stock? I don't have it installed in my laptop. Or is this an alternative to ceni?

DonKultOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: wicd not starting after d-u (with solution)  PostPosted: 23.10.2011, 21:16
Team Member

Lat wrote:
does wicd come with aptosid stock? I don't have it installed in my laptop. Or is this an alternative to ceni?

Stock is ceni and wpa_supplicant with wpagui. These are documented in the manual and are general recommend by us.

As usual in the opensource world we have a multitude of alternatives: wicd is one of them. network-manager another and many many more.

We settled for one, also because we have with kelmo and slh debian-co-maintainers for it here, but if you really want feel free to change - just keep in mind that your chances to find support for it here is lower compared to the default.

dpdt1Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: wicd not starting after d-u (with solution)  PostPosted: 25.10.2011, 23:47

wicd seems unmaintaned for sometime now. (since jan 2010)
i would go for another solution.

slamOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: wicd not starting after d-u (with solution)  PostPosted: 06.11.2011, 07:02
Team Member

As this package is neither shipped nore supported, moved to "Software".
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to: