View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aimlessOffline
Post subject: Radeon HD5700 Starup issue  PostPosted: 03.11.2011, 16:49

Hello

A few days ago, I remaked that I get always the following startup error message during the systemstart:

[drm:radeon_dp_i2c_aux_ch] *ERROR* aux i2c too many retries, giving up

Does anybody have an idea how I can solve the problem?

On my computer the system 3.1-0.slh.2-aptosid-686 is running. The installed graphic card is ATI Radeon HD5700.

Furthermore, I am interested to know how one can install an anti-virus program on linux like the one from Avira. I know that it actually does not belongs into this forum, however if anybody has a suggestion... There is the actual issue, that the dazuko software is not available for a kernel higher than 2.6.36.

I really appreciate any help.
Thaks

Reply with quote Back to top
der_budOffline
Post subject: RE: Radeon HD5700 Starup issue  PostPosted: 03.11.2011, 19:54

Don't know about your graphics, but for antivir have a look at clamav as described in the manual here: http://manual.aptosid.com/en/vir-rkits-en.htm#virus-rkits

Several AV-Suites you probably know from Win have Linux-Versions and often are free (meaning at no cost), i.e Avast Linux Home Edition and others, but they are not in aptosid-repo, so you have to install them by your own.

aimlessOffline
Post subject: RE: Radeon HD5700 Starup issue  PostPosted: 04.11.2011, 09:36

Thaks a lot!

Regarding the anti-virus issue, it was a super hint!
Therefore, that point was solved, however, the basic one is still pending.

I would really be happy if I could also solve the issue with the graphic card, hence, I am glad about all suggestions.

Thanks in advance

wofritzOffline
Post subject: RE: Radeon HD5700 Starup issue  PostPosted: 04.11.2011, 10:46

Hi,

I see the same messages on my HP Elitebook 8560p with AMD HD 6xxxM graphics. I think they are harmless, trying to access some nonexisting hardware via I2C. There were some patches and discussions on the linux-drm mailing list regarding I2C checks lately, maybe this is the result.

I expect them going away with newer kernels.

Regards,
Wolfgang

Jump to: