View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kermOffline
Post subject: (non-free) peazip borked  PostPosted: 09.12.2011, 07:26

Friends:

I'm not sure if a query about non-free peazip is kosher ... or not. But I'll soon learn.
Peazip worked perfectly for me for about 5 months. About a month ago, it stopped closing when asked, and since has to be brute-forced every time.
A week ago, after a dist-upgrade, it wouldn't open at all ! Called up from (KDE) desktop, it flashes momentarily, and disappears.
Trying (as root) in bash:

Code:
root@debboxa:/# peazip
(peazip:3273): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_tree_view_set_cursor_on_cell: assertion `path != NULL' failed
TApplication.HandleException Access violation
  Stack trace:
  $B7249882
[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
  Sender=EAccessViolation
  Exception=Access violation
  Stack trace:
  $B7249882
TApplication.HandleException: there was another exception during showing the first exception
  Stack trace:
  $B7249882
[TGtk2WidgetSet.Destroy] WARNING: There are 102 unreleased GDIObjects, a detailed dump follows:
[TGtk2WidgetSet.Destroy]   GDIOs: B61946A0 B61945E0 B6194580 B6194520 B61944C0 B6194460 B6194400
[TGtk2WidgetSet.Destroy]   gdiBitmap: 102
root@debboxa:/#

Suggestions gratefully received.

kerm

Reply with quote Back to top
slamOffline
Post subject: RE: (non-free) peazip borked  PostPosted: 09.12.2011, 07:40
Team Member

Hi, PeaZip is free and open source software, and might be included in Debian sooner or later - see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=499376

Your problem is a not properly built Debian package. I would suggest to grab the source code and re-build a .deb cleanly.

And finally you need to use sux if you want to use GUI applications as root.

Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
kermOffline
Post subject: RE: (non-free) peazip borked  PostPosted: 09.12.2011, 11:06

Chris:

Thank you very much for your speedy reply.
You'll note that there has been little action in the last year on this buglist you cite (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=499376)

But perhaps that's because of existence of the peazip buglist, example cited here:
[/url]http://code.google.com/p/peazip/issues/detail?id=124[url]

I've done three full purge-remove-reinstalls, all with the same result. My money is on something added to or removed from the dist-upgrade about a week ago.
But that's from a perpetual beginner, so Wink take that fwiw.

Best regards,
kerm

kermOffline
Post subject: [Partially Solved] RE: (non-free) peazip borked  PostPosted: 13.12.2011, 05:55

Chris:

Following your advice, I did another full purge/removal of the GTK peazip. And I installed peazip (all) Qt.
Starting peazip in desktop, it again flashed momentarily, then disappeared.

I found this
      Quote:
Finally, changing the qt style (I am using oxygen under KDE 4.7.1) by running peazip as peazip -style=cleanlooks solves this issue
See:

[/url]http://code.google.com/p/peazip/issues/detail?id=7[url]

As root (via sux), I asked Konsole:
      Code:
peazip -style=cleanlooks

And peazip opened.

So now we know what the fix is. Perhaps someone will suggest how/where to incorporate the style=cleanlooks argument?

kerm

Jump to: