View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RoEnOffline
Post subject: Happy New Year!  PostPosted: 30.12.2011, 22:23
Team Member

Its time to greet the New Year with new enthusiasm !!!

Reply with quote Back to top
hubiOffline
Post subject: RE: Happy New Year!  PostPosted: 30.12.2011, 23:16

We are doomed in 2012. Maya and Pirelli calendar will end! Though: Pope Leo X said, we are doomed only at 2014.

Just a joke Wink

Have a nice last day of 2011!

hubi

oddballOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 31.12.2011, 17:32

Quote:
We are doomed in 2012. Maya and Pirelli calendar will end! Though: Pope Leo X said, we are doomed only at 2014.
Unfortunately we are doomed, not because some old calender or prophets. No, we are doomed because every year we, the humans, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, show more and more that we in the long time are the most stupid living creature of this planet, not only that nearly all technical development has it's base in new ways to kill each-other, we are also in an increasing speed killing all other life form on this earth. The most stupid is that nearly all of us, if we dare to think a little, are aware of this and still let it proceed.

Remember, all aptosid users and developers (and everybody else) are around 40% bananas, nearly half of our genes are exactly the same as a bananas. Shocked

With all that sad, I also wish all of you a happy new year Confused

zbreakerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 31.12.2011, 22:53

A Happy and Healthy New Year to all in the Aptosid community.

DonKultOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.01.2012, 01:11
Team Member

I am already in the new year, so happy new year to all Smile

@oddball: You are too pessimistic: A banana is very intelligent - it knows that it has to reach for the sun to grow strong and be delicious (and in the end, a banana is just the semen of a tree). Just think about how intelligent human semen is…

So in effect a banana is a lot more intelligent compared to us, given that a banana is able to reach all his new year resolutions while we are struggling to find at least one which we can meet… Wink

Oh, and development is strongly connected to competition. A lot of animals only do or have certain stuff to protect itself from attacks from others or be better at attacking others. Competition is needed for development. It's not an accident that the internet is in its origin a war-countermeasure. All stuff which brings us forward is specifically made to get one ahead of another - and war is just the multinational and sometimes most deathly competition we know. So, if you are against competition, you are against evolution of the human race!

Bad boy! The aliens invading us this year will love you for stopping human evolution to a superior life-form.
(or, are you one of the aliens send to earth to prevent further development?) Wink

ghstryderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.01.2012, 02:26

Happy New Year, and a very Happy New Year to our present, aptosid 2011-03 "Πόνος", with thanks to the Devs.
We were so much more humane when we bludgeoned each other to death with rocks (the first application of our intelligence to a problem). The descendants of those successful defenses or attacks are free to type on computers today. The losers are part of mother earth.

piperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.01.2012, 07:23

Happy New Year

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.01.2012, 09:15
Team Member

"There is no way to happiness,
happiness is the way." Buddha
Happy New Year!
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
nikayaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.01.2012, 13:19

slam wrote:
"There is no way to happiness,
happiness is the way." Buddha

Buddha has never said that, otherwise I would be thankful for the source in the Sutta Pitaka. It is put into his mouth and is not compatible with the teachings of the Buddha. According to the Buddha the way out of suffering is the eightfold path and nothing else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Eightfold_Path

daniel_roOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 01.01.2012, 16:45

hello everyone,

it is my joy and pleasure to greet you on 2012!

Long live aptosid and its community!

I always found support on the forum and the distro always worked for me even 'unstable' as it is.

+1 to oddball . humans tend to have a self-destruct mechanism inside them Smile They take their guns no matter where, the moon, Mars, etc Smile

we all should strive to be better persons with every days that goes by, and dont turn into robots without feelings and responsibilities.

keep up the good work, may you and all of us, live long and prosper, as they say Smile

all the best wishes you can think of, from Romania.

With respect,

Daniel.

gutterslobOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.01.2012, 14:24

A bit late here, but Happy GNU Year, aptosinners~!!

oddballOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.01.2012, 17:03

Quote:

@oddball: You are too pessimistic: A banana is very intelligent - it knows that it has to reach for the sun to grow strong and be delicious (and in the end, a banana is just the semen of a tree). Just think about how intelligent human semen is…

So in effect a banana is a lot more intelligent compared to us, given that a banana is able to reach all his new year resolutions while we are struggling to find at least one which we can meet… Wink
I only wrote that about the banana to show how similar all life on this planet are and that if we fill our world with poison, synthetic chemicals and radioactivity which kills a lot of spices we will not survive either. And yes, according to what I wrote I think all other lifeforms including bananas are more clever than humans.
      Quote:

Oh, and development is strongly connected to competition. A lot of animals only do or have certain stuff to protect itself from attacks from others or be better at attacking others. Competition is needed for development.
The human evolution starts about 6 million year back in time, we didn't start to kill each other until around 200 000 years ago. We did quite well before that without that sort of competition.
      Quote:

Bad boy! The aliens invading us this year will love you for stopping human evolution to a superior life-form.
(or, are you one of the aliens send to earth to prevent further development?) Wink
If development is equal to less life forms on this earth, more and more poor people, more and more starving people, clean freshwater getting less and less available, dead seas, better weapons, more radioactivity, and less democracy (this is what's happening in the world now) then I would be proud to not stop it but to change the direction of development to something completely different.

hubiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.01.2012, 17:31

oddball wrote:
The human evolution starts about 6 million year back in time, we didn't start to kill each other until around 200 000 years ago. We did quite well before that without that sort of competition.

Well, there are signs of cannibalism amongst the Homo Erectus.

hubi

oddballOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 04.01.2012, 13:14

Quote:

Well, there are signs of cannibalism amongst the Homo Erectus.

hubi

Yes there are some exceptions, signs of individual violence but but there are no signs of mass destruction, group violence or war. There are no weapons made for using on humans before 20 000 years ago, some areas in the world even as late as 7000 years ago since we started to kill each other systematic and planed.

Something went very wrong for around 20 000 years ago and the bad is accelerating. I really do believe that we are doomed, our civilization as we know it will not last very long. All scientist and others who dare to think know that we are on the wrong way (at least if nobody pays then to say something else). And no leader in the world are acting after this knowledge, they have meetings and they talk one thing but they act as before. The world is still ruled only by an economy theory that calls mining and pumping oil from the ground for production and. An economy which grows of an earthquake and a war and so on..

It's enough writing about this, I have worked both for ngo:s and with politic many years to try to make a change but it's like banging the head against the wall so I have given up. I wonder why I write this. I stop now .................

Jump to: