View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mbodOffline
15 Post subject: qtcurve packages make icedove crash (amd64)  PostPosted: 29.09.2010, 05:11

Hello
I run into an issues with icedove (amd64) which was crashing all the time while scrolling through emails: Segementation Fault.

I was almost giving up to find the root cause when I found this posting on sidux.com from 'frogbert':
http://sidux.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20444&highlight=icedove+qtcurve

It pointed me to the solution: Purging gtk2-engines-qtcurve, kwin-style-qtcurve and kde-style-qtcurve brings back icedove stability.

I indeed installed those packages one or two weeks ago just to try it out. And although my icedove uses the standard theme it was suffering from instabilities introduced by the qtcurve packages.

I thought this info is worthwhile to be mentioned here.

Matthias

Reply with quote Back to top
DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: qtcurve packages make icedove crash (amd64)  PostPosted: 29.09.2010, 15:48

Icedove runs fine on 32 bit even with qtcurve packages installed. Sounds like some obscure bug that kills icedove

BTOffline
Post subject: RE: qtcurve packages make icedove crash (amd64)  PostPosted: 29.09.2010, 19:50

Hello mbod,

Thanks for the information, I was already looking a long time for a solution.
Indeed on AMD64 these packages make icedove crash while scrolling to the end of the E-mail.

But purging these packages makes icedove and iceweasel look loosy !

BT

BTOffline
Post subject: RE: qtcurve packages make icedove crash (amd64)  PostPosted: 29.09.2010, 20:09

It's perhaps better to move this thread to software, it's certainly not a 2010-02 bug !

muchan
Post subject: RE: qtcurve packages make icedove crash (amd64)  PostPosted: 29.09.2010, 22:01

Indeed, none of gtk2-engines-qtcurve, kwin-style-qtcurve and kde-style-qtcurve is in
the aptosid-kde-full manifest. So not bug of 2010-02.

moved to Software forum

iotakaOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: qtcurve packages make icedove crash (amd64)  PostPosted: 06.10.2010, 15:23

BT wrote:
But purging these packages makes icedove and iceweasel look loosy !

Because you are using the default theme based on tango try this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59338/

Jump to: