View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpaceferretOffline
22 Post subject: Ceni question  PostPosted: 30.01.2012, 04:42

While trying to connect to the wireless access point activated on my Android phone I ran into problem with Ceni.I have firmware installed on my machine and I followed all procedures described in the Manual.Running scan in Ceni returns no values even though I'm aware of existence of several wi-fi networks in the near vicinity other than my phone's access point.Out of curiosity I tried a live CD with another Debian based distro which uses WICD and it picked up AndroidAP right away. I tried to install WICD on aptosid and ran scan ,no results, no wireless network detected.Not only that, after unsuccessfully running Ceni my machine become unresponsive and I had to restart it.I also tried wpi-supplicant gui - same results, no values.What can be wrong ?

Reply with quote Back to top
slamOffline
Post subject: RE: Ceni question  PostPosted: 30.01.2012, 07:21
Team Member

Sounds like problems related to networks settings done by other tools than Ceni. Try Aptosid from live CD in order to confirm.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SpaceferretOffline
Post subject: RE: Ceni question  PostPosted: 30.01.2012, 12:39

It makes sense, Chris, that was my guess, too. Could it be that KDE plays its role in this ? That other distro is gnome based. I will follow your advice and will post results.

Jump to: