alsa-base (1.0.25+1) unstable; urgency=low
[ Elimar Riesebieter ]
* udev-related code removed from alsa-base.postinst (closes: #620786)
[ Jordi Mallach ]
* Depend on kmod, not module-init-tools (thanks, Markus Waldeck).
* Rename source package, make it 3.0 (native).
* Drop alsa-source and all related packaging for alsa-modules. It was
painful to maintain, didn't make the kernel team happy at all and was
a general mess. The recommended way of getting new drivers is to look
for a kernel backport (closes: #627152, 622652 —RC—, and also
closes: #228070, #481849, #570618, #584336, #588385, #606046, #612123
* Drop all patches, all applied to alsa-driver.
* Do not install ALSA driver docs in alsa-base.
* Rewrite rules in dh.
* Bump to debhelper 9.
* Refresh debconf po files to get rid of alsa-source msgids.
* Drop watch file, we don't have an upstream tarball anymore.
* Drop program-wrapper, it was useful for woody upgrades.
* Add dependency on procps (closes: #634038).
* Never call snddevices, udev should create devices for us
(closes: #526648). Also, remove APM stuff, which is long obsolete.
* Drop linux-sound-base: OSS was removed from the kernel pre-squeeze.
(closes: #662038). Remove all module list generation machinery,
it's now obsolete.
* Removing linux-sound-base also closes: #376241, #558408 the hard way.
* Drop Build-Depends on po-debconf.
* Make alsa-base Break: linux-sound-base, to get it uninstalled on
upgrades. l-s-b postrm should take care of the cleanups.
* Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.3.
* Drop d/source/options, use the standard compression.
* Move d/alsa-base.init to just d/alsa, otherwise debhelper thinks this
is a init script.
* Move old Debian changelog entries back to main changelog.