View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
alexkOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.10.2010, 18:17

I'm not good enough with apt pinning to say whether your preferences file would work! I would have to consult man apt_preferences myself. I had just put ia32-libs-gtk temporarily on hold with the command 'echo "ia32-libs-gtk hold" | dpkg --set-selections'. But, the good news is that towo put up a new ia32-libs package, version 20100919-1~frickel.1, that now contains libcairo (contrary to the Debian Sid packages, which put libcairo in ia32-libs-gtk), so we don't need to do any pinning or holding any more. I just upgraded both ia32-libs and ia32libs-gtk to the frickelplatz versions and 32-bit acroread still works (not that I use acroread much, okular is great).

On a separate note, I haven't quite figured out how to get Acroread to use GTK themes on amd64, always getting these kinds of errors, no matter what 32-bit theme engines I have installed and configured in /usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/...:

Code:
 Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libqtcurve.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Reply with quote Back to top
Mte90Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 19.12.2010, 18:02

i for resolve a problem with libcairo.so.2 have downloaded the packages ia32-libs on packages.debian.org.
Opened the package with ark and extract the libcairo and moved this file on the lib32 folder.
Rolling Eyes

alexkOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.11.2011, 19:14

Code:
 Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libqtcurve.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

A simple solution for this is to set the GTK_PATH environment variable:
      Code:
GTK_PATH=/usr/lib32/gtk-2.0 acroread

Found at: http://plosquare.blogspot.com/2008/12/g ... ass64.html

CaesarTjalboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.11.2011, 20:38

Not dissing the previous poster and his or her helpful attitude but I really doubt the relevance of the assistance after 11 months.

Perhaps an automatic lock on a thread after X month(s) with no replies prevents these kind of 'kicks'. When relevant, old threads can (and should) always be linked to from a new thread.

If that's too drastic, maybe a warning: "you're about to post on a pretty dead thread, you sure you want to continue?"

alexkOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.11.2011, 22:54

CaesarTjalbo wrote:
Not dissing the previous poster and his or her helpful attitude but I really doubt the relevance of the assistance after 11 months.

I certainly see your point, as I knew I was resurrecting this thread. The reason why I resurrected it, rather than either post nothing or start a new thread, was because I had brought up this issue in the before-last post of the thread, it was an issue I had had for quite a long time and never resolved before today, so I thought there could be other people who could benefit from a solution.

I took this thread a bit off-topic with this issue last year and perhaps I shouldn't have done that and then resurrected it with a solution now. My apologies for that, a separate thread probably would have been better. And I agree that it may sometimes be better that a thread not be ressurected at all after too much time has passed.

CaesarTjalboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 26.11.2011, 12:08

The funny thing is that I noticed the date on the opening post immediately, I guess I'm already trained to look for signs like that. It wasn't until after I'd replied that I noticed you've been in this thread before. I suppose you know best whether it's relevant or not to continue and I'm guilty of doing this on fora myself; I don't like loose ends and I find closure rewarding.

Generally speaking though, with the speed of software development it's unlikely that the original issue, if still present, is the same after a year. This is no problem if you're fully aware of what you're replying to but my initial thought was that this thread had come up in a forum search and the dates hadn't been noticed.

Jump to: