View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
seagullOffline
15 Post subject: oscar.aptosid.com not reachable [solved]  PostPosted: 26.03.2012, 11:48

Quote:
W: Fehlschlag beim Holen von http://oscar.aptosid.com/debian/dists/s ... slation-en Verbindung mit oscar.aptosid.com:http nicht möglich:

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

ping fails ...

Reply with quote Back to top
mzOffline
Post subject: RE: oscar.aptosid.com not reachable [solved]  PostPosted: 30.05.2012, 21:45

oscar.aptosid.com has often been unresponsive lately, but oscar.aptosid.org works well. Is there a transition in progress?

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: oscar.aptosid.com not reachable [solved]  PostPosted: 30.05.2012, 21:54

Hopefully it will be online again soon.

CarnophageOffline
Post subject: RE: oscar.aptosid.com not reachable [solved]  PostPosted: 31.05.2012, 12:21

I don't know if it's the best place, but I would like to point out (I'm quite sure that it was brought up a while ago), that links to aptosid.list and debian.list in the en manual (http://aptosid.com/manual/en/sys-admin-apt-en.htm#apt-cook) are dead end
      Code:

Not Found

The requested URL /files/misc/sources.list.d/aptosid.list was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at aptosid.com Port 80

Luckily list of different mirros is available also in the Download/Mirrors section

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: oscar.aptosid.com not reachable [solved]  PostPosted: 31.05.2012, 12:22

I have temporarily switched the DNS entry to another mirror, until the original mirror goes online again.

slamOffline
Post subject: RE: oscar.aptosid.com not reachable [solved]  PostPosted: 31.05.2012, 16:58
Team Member

Sorry, oscar.aptosid.com (plus manual) server is down due to a bigger hardware problem. We might need to replace the rack. I will report.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: oscar.aptosid.com not reachable [solved]  PostPosted: 01.06.2012, 11:33

All facilities are back online again.

Jump to: