View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hyOffline
Post subject: digikam has no more geolocation features  PostPosted: 08.06.2012, 21:06

Hi, I just noticed that the current verison of digikam is missing the geolocation features.
[digikam version 2.6.0 build date: Jun 2 2012 (target: Debian)]

It's missing the general Geolocation feature (that ws available via CTRL-G) as well as the correlation-Feature to use with GPS-Tracks (GPX).

[/i]

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: digikam has no more geolocation features  PostPosted: 08.06.2012, 21:08

You should report that to the Debian BTS, it's nothing that would be changed from our side. I'd also check changelog.Debian.gz and NEWS.gz before, because many geolocation databases are inherently non-free, so that functionality might have been disabled on purpose.

hyOffline
Post subject: RE: digikam has no more geolocation features  PostPosted: 09.06.2012, 20:09

Thanks. How do I check changelog.Debian.gz [e.g.]?
TIA

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: digikam has no more geolocation features  PostPosted: 09.06.2012, 20:11

/usr/share/doc/digikam/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/digikam/NEWS or /usr/share/doc/digikam/NEWS.gz

hyOffline
Post subject: RE: digikam has no more geolocation features  PostPosted: 27.06.2012, 18:43

slh: thanks - somehow I dodn't recieve a message that a replay was posted... sorry for the late feedback. I will check that.

Jump to: