View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gangstaOffline
15 Post subject: [SOLVED] Strange problem with grub-pc.  PostPosted: 30.09.2010, 14:40

I had set in BIOS IDE Configuration->Sata operation Mode->Enhanced and grub worked good. Yesterday I changed from Enhanced to Compatible and when I turn on my computer after WELCOME TO GRUB i see only black screen and later nothing happens. So I changed from Compatible to Enhanced and now i can boot Aptosid, but after WELCOME TO GRUB i see black screen about 30 seconds!!

Two months ago i could turn on my computer in Enhanced mode and Compatible mode.

Thanks for any sugestions!

Last edited by gangsta on 03.10.2010, 10:40; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
ikeinthaiOffline
Post subject: Re: Strange problem with grub-pc.  PostPosted: 01.10.2010, 07:05

gangsta wrote:
after GRUB, i see black screen about 30 seconds!!

i have the same thing when booting from systems on an SD card. the system installed to the harddisk has no delay at all (much preferred).

any suggestions about eliminating the dead time would be appreciated (since i boot these systems multiple times daily).

thanks,ike.

ps i hadn't touched any settings in the BIOS. the behavior changed with some d-u. a month or two ago. but now i'll try changing the above mentioned setting and see what happens.

gangstaOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Strange problem with grub-pc.  PostPosted: 03.10.2010, 10:40

I removed 7 or 8 old kernels from system using kernel-remover and grub work OK in Compatible and Enhanced mode. I haven't black screen.

Thanks

ike Your problem is unless other than my. I had black screen after WELCOME TO GRUB before the system selection screen, not after GRUB.

Jump to: