View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
st0ffelOffline
Post subject: System doesn't boot anymore  PostPosted: 17.11.2012, 09:30

Hi!

My system didn't boot due to this problem: http://aptosid.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2482.

I updated all packages and now my system stops booting with this message (after I added "--debug" in grub):

Code:
init: job_class_register: Registered job /com/ubuntu/Upstart/jobs/network_2dinterface_2dcontainer

How can I find out what the problem is?

Regards,
Marco

Reply with quote Back to top
yossarianOffline
Post subject: Re: System doesn't boot anymore  PostPosted: 17.11.2012, 15:41

st0ffel wrote:

How can I find out what the problem is?

Regards,
Marco

Your problem is Upstart, like all words starting with the letter U Wink

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: System doesn  PostPosted: 18.11.2012, 02:32

The bugs you quote are both fixed already and were not critical in a technical sense either, just very noisy. Of course, this might be different if you were actually using upstart instead of sysvinit - which is rather unlikely as upstart isn't even installable without brute force.

I assume your problems are not directly init related, but express themselves in the vincinity of this error message instead. So you might be able to find further hints above that line.

You might also have a good chance to boot an older kernel, whose initramfs hasn't been updated with a newer init.

Jump to: