View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
phileomOffline
Post subject: [solved] Black screen on boot [no signal] from monitor  PostPosted: 17.03.2013, 12:11

Hi,

On amd64 with intel integrated video card and with all kernels posterior to 3.8-2.slh.2, I have a black screen just after the beginning messages, a no signal message from my monitor and the obligation to shut shown.

It seems to be a kernel mod setting problem. I change the i915 modeset=1 to 0 in /etc/modprobe.d/i915-kms.conf and I can access to kdm with full resolution after lowres boot messages of course and compiz effects unabled in kde session.

Last edited by phileom on 21.03.2013, 09:38; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
towoOffline
Post subject: RE: Black screen on boot [no signal] from monitor  PostPosted: 17.03.2013, 14:21

With i915 modeset=0 you disable KMS, so x can't use the intel driver, since this driver needs KMS to work.
Now your x is using vesa and vesa does not have any 3D acceleration.

manulOffline
Post subject: RE: Black screen on boot [no signal] from monitor  PostPosted: 18.03.2013, 05:29

Similar to this one http://aptosid.com/index.php?name=PNphp ... amp;t=2553
But you have intel videocard, while the report there is about exactly the same issue with nouveau@nvidia cards with certain monitors (VGA connected).
Not sure if these are related, but are suspiciously similar.

phileomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 21.03.2013, 09:38

the kernel version 3.8-3.slh.2-aptosid-amd64 solved the problem.

Jump to: