View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
alexkOffline
15 Post subject: Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuoso RDF server  PostPosted: 08.03.2014, 14:07

I got the following notification upon KDE startup after a dist-upgrade today: "Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuoso RDF server to store its data. Installing the Virtuoso Soprano plugin is mandatory for using Nepomuk". Installing librdf-storage-virtuoso got Nepomuk working again. Not sure why it was missing.
      Code:
# apt-cache rdepends librdf-storage-virtuoso
librdf-storage-virtuoso
Reverse Depends:
  librdf-storage-virtuoso:i386
  librdf-storage-virtuoso:i386
  librdf0
root@MSAK1:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# apt-cache policy librdf0
librdf0:
  Installed: 1.0.17-1+b1
  Candidate: 1.0.17-1+b1
  Version table:
 *** 1.0.17-1+b1 0
        990 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.0.15-1+b1 0
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/main amd64 Packages

Reply with quote Back to top
mzOffline
Post subject: RE: Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuoso RDF server  PostPosted: 03.10.2014, 00:42

I started getting this same message today after a d-u despite the fact that librdf-storage-virtuoso is installed.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuoso RDF server  PostPosted: 03.10.2014, 03:02

nepomuk has been mostly replaced by baloo for KDE packages, this might have consequences to standalone operations as well.

vinurOffline
Post subject: RE: Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuoso RDF server  PostPosted: 04.10.2014, 09:12

Yes, I am seeing much the same, "Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuoso RDF server to store its data. Installing the Virtuoso Soprano plugin is mandatory for using Nepomuk". I noted some long hang issues on one system while "checking repositories" to look at software in synaptic as a look up tool. (it's noteworthy as that is the only symptom... and only if I want to check the repository while running synaptic for the software look-up tool)
I do not use synaptic for actual upgrades, only apt-get, after system kde stop, at the command prompt as root. which works fine as expected.
The system with long delays is very old and has many many upgrades.
neither system is very pure as I run some commercial software such as bluegriffon 1.7.2 and have an occasionally operational Goggle Earth 7.x
The same computer with a similar but second drive has a newer install and updates fine. and shows no issues with the situation at all. I am treating the drive that has the issue as a curiosity until the issue finds some solution and I understand what it all means.

For both OS installs this is the basic infobash -v3 data:
michael@Eyland1t:~$ infobash -v3
Host/Kernel/OS "Eyland1t" running Linux 3.16-3.slh.1-aptosid-amd64 x86_64 [ aptosid 2013-01 Ἑσπερίδες - kde-lite - (201305050307) ]
CPU Info 8x AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core 2048 KB cache flags( sse3 ht nx lm svm ) clocked at [ 1400.000 MHz ]
Videocard NVIDIA G86 [GeForce 8500 GT] X.Org 1.16.1 [ 1920x1080@60.00hz ]
Network cards D-Link System Inc DGE-560T PCI Express Gigabit
Processes 195 | Uptime 1day | Memory 1146.8/7972.0MB | HDD WDC WD1000DHTZ-0,WDC WD6000HLHX-0,AS2105 Size 1920GB (46%used) | GLX Renderer Gallium 0.4 on NV86 | GLX Version Yes | Client Shell | Infobash v3.47
michael@Eyland1t:~$

I usually update one drive and then if it fires up into kde, I will do the other within a day. One gets the message and the other has not.

Nether system is actually in serious distress as the "long hangs" do not normally appear unless I deliberately trigger the one that does to actually cause it to do so by asking to see the repositories in synaptic... then I need to reboot ungracefully, if I want it to return to normal... it is the one with the message at start-up. A curiosity. After validating the situation I am mostly just using the drive that is fully up to speed until I get more info.

oldieOffline
Post subject: RE: Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuoso RDF server  PostPosted: 04.10.2014, 10:29

apt-get install virtuoso-minimal

works for me

vinurOffline
Post subject: RE: Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuoso RDF server  PostPosted: 14.10.2014, 19:41

Just wanted to close out by noting, all has been OK since 04-10-14 with the installation of baloo
RE: slh - nepomuk has been mostly replaced by baloo for KDE packages...
This was some days ago, no related problems since that I can detect.
All is good.

Jump to: