Rootserver Sponsor

webtropia"

Donations

Please support your operating system's further development:

donate"

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LatOffline
Post subject: Running # init 4 drops network connection  PostPosted: 20.09.2014, 01:31

Good day, everyone.

As habit I'd run "init 4" before doing a dist-upgrade. After switching to "systemd", init 4 stops the network connection making impossible to continue working in a ssh session. I have to go to the computer and issue ifup eth0 to get back the connection.

What should I do to stop X now? /etc/init.d/kdm stop? or do I use another runlevel? init 3, maybe?

Thank you for your time,

Lat

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Running # init 4 drops network connection  PostPosted: 20.09.2014, 01:44

For the time being "service kdm stop" is probably the best workaround, init/ telinit certainly don't do the intended thing under systemd anymore and the native systemd method (systemctl isolate multi-user.target) doesn't work with the current kdm versions yet (it does on XFCE/ lightdm), as contemporary kdm has no systemd integration yet,

LatOffline
Post subject: RE: Running # init 4 drops network connection  PostPosted: 20.09.2014, 02:13

Thank you, will do that way for now.

Jump to: