View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MikeKOffline
Post subject: playing files from smb shares w/o mounting it  PostPosted: 12.10.2010, 16:01

Well, I try to play a file from a smb shared folder, and I have no success... either i use open file from aplayer menu (tried kaffeine, vlc, smaplayer with **removed**) it says "u can only use local files" tred to "open with" from context menu fron dolphin and krusader - alwaysethe same.

Reply with quote Back to top
towoOffline
Post subject: RE: playing files from smb shares w/o mounting it  PostPosted: 12.10.2010, 16:10

Mount the share, then it will work.

MikeKOffline
Post subject: RE: playing files from smb shares w/o mounting it  PostPosted: 12.10.2010, 16:12

sorry, but I specially wrote in subject - w/o mounting Smile I don't want mount it.. in gnome I dont have to...

The_GarageOffline
Post subject: RE: playing files from smb shares w/o mounting it  PostPosted: 13.10.2010, 17:38

gnome uses .gvfs to automatically mount shares so you can use any player. With kde you can either use a kde app to view the files or if using a non kde app you gotta mount the shares. I use fusesmb to automatically mount the shares, then they are playable in any player.

Jump to: