View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MikeKOffline
Post subject: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 13.10.2010, 20:11

Can u guys point me what's wrong..
I getting such error "/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkapplaunchcontext.h:30:21: error: gio/gio.h: No such file or directory"

however, gio/gio.h I have.. i even tried some symlinks to make 100% sure it's where it want it. no luck
google brings me no help..

I am trying to complie canon driver...

Reply with quote Back to top
devilOffline
Post subject: RE: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 13.10.2010, 21:17

is libgtk2.0-dev installed?

greetz
devil

MikeKOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 14.10.2010, 10:57

devil wrote:
is libgtk2.0-dev installed?

greetz
devil

yeah, it is installed.
and I have gio/gio.h

I even made symlink to gio to /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/ because I dint not know what to do next...

I have read somewhere regards same error when someone was compling libcurl that somethin is not "properly linked".. no idea howeve how to link properly and what to link..

The drivers are very old.. I had to install a lot of things.

towoOnline!
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 14.10.2010, 11:12

libglib2.0-dev is shipping gio/gio.h!
And senseless symlinking is a bad workaround.
Btw, why don't you tell us, what are you trying to compile?

MikeKOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 14.10.2010, 11:17

yes, I am sorry actually it's 1st time I try to compile something, besides UFO:AI Smile but that was easy and stright forward.
Anyway I have installed a lot of things, and I am sure I have gio/gio.h that I have checked.

I compiling this drivers http://files.canon-europe.com/files/sof ... 06eenx.zip Since some updates of cups, there no more cupsys package and supplied deb drivers do not installs, and if it was installed before, the printer does not print.

I follow the README so /make gen and then trying to fix errors by installing missing packages.

devilOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 14.10.2010, 11:24

it would be a lot easier to use turboprint.

greetz
devil

MikeKOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 14.10.2010, 11:33

probably turboprint is easier...Does you have to pay for it? I heard you have too, and I also heard that with recent cupsys changes the turboprint also stucked..

But honestly it will be so much of pleasure to make this provided drivers work!

devilOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 14.10.2010, 11:50

turboprint is always quite uptodate.and yes, you have to pay for it, but can test it upfront.

greetz
devil

diblOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 14.10.2010, 15:21

I just bought the Turboprint 2 update (2.16?) for my PIXMA iP6220D -- the update cost 13 Euros/$17. This update has the fixed the cupsys dependency problem. But I had previously bought ver. 2.12. The new driver is 30 Euros/$40 USD.

MikeKOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: newb question about compiling...  PostPosted: 14.10.2010, 15:33

My printer works perfectly under opensuse 11.3.. no need any turboprints for money u can buy a windows (well exrraated a bit:) )
I just want to compile driver to use it on aptosid...

Jump to: