View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
alien-aptosidOffline
Post subject: change the KDE logo in the menu to aptosid logo ?  PostPosted: 17.10.2010, 13:21

I have a suggestion. It would be nice to change the KDE K icon in start menu with an aptosid logo (possibly something similar to profile image of detaos Smile in this forum )

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: change the KDE logo in the menu to aptosid logo ?  PostPosted: 17.10.2010, 13:27

That is technically not easy to accomplish in a clean way (dpkg diversions) and won't be done for aptosid. A small icon isn't worth that hassle.

alien-aptosidOffline
Post subject: RE: change the KDE logo in the menu to aptosid logo ?  PostPosted: 17.10.2010, 13:35

ok .It is easy though for user to change the icon of the KDE application launcher by using the application menu launcher settings-->options .If possible please consider including an aptosid icon for us to select. thanks.

sx9Offline
Post subject: RE: change the KDE logo in the menu to aptosid logo ?  PostPosted: 17.10.2010, 23:41

I've created a package, with icons for aptosid, including the startmenu-button here in the Artwork Forum under "Icon Theme". Download the last tar, install the included .deb, set it as your active icon theme in the preferences and tell me (there is a poll in the thread) if you like the icons.

2x4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 6770
OCZ Vertex 3 60GB (SSD)
Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB (HDD)
aptosid x86_64

alien-aptosidOffline
Post subject: RE: change the KDE logo in the menu to aptosid logo ?  PostPosted: 18.10.2010, 05:49

thanks . I will definitely try that Smile

spacepenguinOffline
Post subject: RE: change the KDE logo in the menu to aptosid logo ?  PostPosted: 02.11.2010, 13:27

Branding is very important IMHO. Is it really this complicated to add a special aptosid plasma theme that contains the menu logo? And an aptosid icon theme with some special aptosid related icons (like a kmenu button and the manual etc. icons) which inherits oxygen and hicolor? It's possible to have an aptosid wallpaper, an aptosid ksplash...

Edit: Can someone see the svg? I can't. Has someone a better svg in page size 80x20?

branding.svgz
 Description:
copy to ~/.kde/share/apps/<yourplasmatheme>/widgets/
 Filesize:  18.29 KB
 Viewed:  5584 Time(s)

branding.svgz

kmenu-aptosid1.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.42 KB
 Viewed:  5586 Time(s)

kmenu-aptosid1.jpeg