View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sitaraOffline
15 Post subject: [SOLVED] kernel source for xenomai  PostPosted: 27.10.2010, 02:57

im having a problem that when i "apt-get source linux-aptosid-2.6" it started downloading source for linux-2.6-2.6.36. but when i get to the stage of patching the kernel source with xenomai patch it exited with error that there is no patch for 2.6.36. the real problem is how to download source for previous kernel linux-aptosid-2.6-2.6-35.

thanks in anticipation

sitara

Last edited by sitara on 28.10.2010, 23:12; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
slamOffline
Post subject: RE: kernel source for xenomai  PostPosted: 27.10.2010, 08:09
Team Member

Hi,
I would use the Debian Sid packages of Xenomai (install them via apt-get install), and build the Xenomai kernel against the source of the latest stable Debian kernel in sid (2.6.32-5 atm). If you still have problems with that, please file a bug report to the Debian maintainer, more info at http://packages.debian.org/de/sid/linux-patch-xenomai .
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
sitaraOffline
Post subject: RE: kernel source for xenomai  PostPosted: 28.10.2010, 02:06

hi slam,

thanks for ur advice.

offcourse i can do that, but then whats the point of using aptosid and what will be the difference between aptosid and squeeze?

my attraction for 2.6.35 is, as indicated in release note:
      Quote:
"New features in aptosid 2010-02 "Κῆρες" are in particular kernel 2.6.35.4 and KDE 4.4.5. Kernel 2.6.35 doesn't only improve and stabilise hardware support for newer devices, ..."

2.6.35 is still in the download media and aptosid repos but despite open source i cannot download its source!

im a fan of debian and for quite some time aptosid(the then sidux), please accept my apology if my arguments looked harsh.

thanks again,

sitara

x-un-i
Post subject: RE: kernel source for xenomai  PostPosted: 28.10.2010, 05:07
Team Member

Quote:

2.6.35 is still in the download media and aptosid repos but despite open source i cannot download its source!

source is to be found on the iso source on each download mirror and no longer in the repository as that kernel is already gone from the repository.

Thats's the beauty of open source.

Será que o diabo perdeu a virgindade?

sitaraOffline
Post subject: RE: kernel source for xenomai  PostPosted: 28.10.2010, 23:08

okay, i got it.

thanks a lot.

Jump to: