View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
usgsOffline
Post subject: Kmix: can't find channels I want added  PostPosted: 12.11.2010, 20:20

In my desktop tower, Kmix is version 3.6 (using KDE development platform 4.4.5) and my OS kernel is 2.6.35-7.slh.1-aptosid-686.

At times as I move around my apartment, my aptosid system makes an awful screeching sound which goes away as I walk around. I think this is some microphone feedback problem and I'd like to find the way to end it.

I'd like to add a number of the various channels to Kmix but when I open the config for Kmix, I see no channels to be added. Why? Is this Kmix some minimal kind having no channels that can be added? Is there some other version of Kmix I should look for?

I have pulseaudio installed and wonder if it changes Kmix so that there's only 1 channel showing now in my Kmix setup.

Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
devilOffline
Post subject: RE: Kmix: can  PostPosted: 12.11.2010, 20:29

please use alsamixer(gui). you will probably see the missing channels there.
pulseaudio is not the cause for this.

greetz
devil

muchan
Post subject: RE: Kmix: can  PostPosted: 12.11.2010, 21:14

If you doubt microphon feedback problem, then put off or reduce the microphon input setting
and see if it solves the problem.

dptOffline
Post subject: Re: Kmix: can't find channels I want added  PostPosted: 13.11.2010, 05:42

usgs wrote:
In my desktop tower, Kmix is version 3.6 (using KDE development platform 4.4.5) and my OS kernel is 2.6.35-7.slh.1-aptosid-686.

At times as I move around my apartment, my aptosid system makes an awful screeching sound which goes away as I walk around. I think this is some microphone feedback problem and I'd like to find the way to end it.

I'd like to add a number of the various channels to Kmix but when I open the config for Kmix, I see no channels to be added. Why? Is this Kmix some minimal kind having no channels that can be added? Is there some other version of Kmix I should look for?

I have pulseaudio installed and wonder if it changes Kmix so that there's only 1 channel showing now in my Kmix setup.

Thanks

You can add/remove channels in kmix, just explore the kmix menu bar. Click on Channels. With mouse shift from left to right what you want to see(add) and from right to left what you want to remove.

Well there is a mic, there is a front mic, so you have to know which mic refers to which mike.

BelaLugosiOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Kmix: can  PostPosted: 13.11.2010, 09:23

Using PulseAudio makes KMix obsolete, except of in-/decreasing the volume. All settings have to be done through PulseAudio manager (iirc it was/is pavucontrol).

Jump to: