View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
King_CritterOffline
Post subject: WPA GUI connects to network, but I don't get an IP address  PostPosted: 17.11.2010, 23:12

I'm trying to connect to a WPA Enterprise network. I have set up roaming exactly as the manual told me to. It connects, but I don't get an IP address. The manual only says to recheck the configuration files at this point; I have, and can't see anything wrong.

I tried dhclient, and it didn't seem to do anything.

Reply with quote Back to top
hubiOffline
Post subject: RE: WPA GUI connects to network, but I don  PostPosted: 18.11.2010, 00:21

I only get that problem in some hotels. But I still could not figure out which setting provokes that behaviour, because it is very rare, and networkmanager connects (which does not connect at home or at work - reverse problem).

hubi

King_CritterOffline
Post subject: RE: WPA GUI connects to network, but I don  PostPosted: 23.11.2010, 18:54

Do you have any ideas? I'm willing to try anything, really -- Siux is the only distro I've ever used that I could get to work with WPA Enterprise, and then I broke it and switched to Ubuntu. Not having wireless in college is a real drag. Sad

HeSaidOffline
Post subject: RE: WPA GUI connects to network, but I don  PostPosted: 23.11.2010, 20:44

The enterprise network in a local hospital requires two tries to get an IP, no matter with ceni or wicd.
The first attempt always timed out. The second attempt, which I made immediately after the time out, was granted an IP. I was able to repeat this several times while there.
The hospital network has many, many access points configured in groups. Among each group is a public sub-group which requires no password. That is what I was using.
--
Neal

aptosid 32-bit eeePC 900A

Jump to: