View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
clearyOffline
Post subject: Blog post discussion: **multimedia** v2  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 09:28

Ref: http://aptosid.com/index.php?module=new ... &sid=9

Reply with quote Back to top
anticapitalistaOffline
Post subject: RE: Blog post discussion: **multimedia** v2  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 14:07

Maybe avoid the word censor as in 'Why was this post censored?'

Why not simply 'Why was this post removed/delted/linked to here?'

Instead of the link saying 'removed', why not a bit more like 'reason for post removal'

BelaLugosiOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Blog post discussion: **multimedia** v2  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 15:03

anticapitalista wrote:
Maybe avoid the word censor as in 'Why was this post censored?'

Why not simply 'Why was this post removed/delted/linked to here?'

Instead of the link saying 'removed', why not a bit more like 'reason for post removal'

You're mixing up different things here. It is not about deleting/moving posts, it's about the **multimedia** words users may write. Only these words will be replaced by the **removed** link. And yes, this _is_ censorship! But in this case it's a necessary censorship, to avoid legal problems.

anticapitalistaOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blog post discussion: **multimedia** v2  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 15:17

I know what it is about, but people often get upset, annoyed, angry etc when they see the word 'censorship". Why not just avoid the hassle and choose another word? That is all I'm suggesting.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blog post discussion: **multimedia** v2  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 16:30

Such legally sensitive topics would need to be discussed in IRC and not on the forum, in other words. This rule is for our protection as well as the project's

A mod or staff member can chime in to clarify

clearyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blog post discussion: **multimedia** v2  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 23:20

I'm happy to call a spade a spade...
I'm not sure if that translates well, but I mean that I'd prefer to call it what it is.

People also get upset when you "spin" your words to paint a different picture of a situation...

ghstryderOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Blog post discussion: **multimedia** v2  PostPosted: 15.09.2010, 00:29

cleary wrote:
I'm happy to call a spade a spade...
I'm not sure if that translates well, but I mean that I'd prefer to call it what it is.

People also get upset when you "spin" your words to paint a different picture of a situation...

One of the best posts I have seen to date. Kudos.

I describe it a bit differently, but some people have delicate sensibilities so we'll leave it alone.

schnaps1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.09.2010, 08:15

**multimedia**v2 is a big improvement over **multimedia**v1 as it doesn't leave new inexperienced users alone without any explanation.

Suggestion for **multimedia**v2.1:
Replace **removed** with for example **had to be removed** as these single words always sound a little harsh to me.

Manuel

oduffoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 19.09.2010, 19:38

+1

The wording "had to be removed" indicates that there is a reason behind.
"Removed" might be read as arbitrary use of an admin/mod's power, which is not the case.

Gruß
oduffo

Jump to: