View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
oddballOffline
Post subject: aptosid 2010-02 installed, congratulation to the team  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 10:29

The same day I got my "new" used X61 the aptosid team came with a new release Smile

Running from the new box now. Installed with XFCE, i686 and the installation went smoothly without any problems. Greetings to the aptosid team.

Reply with quote Back to top
merlynOffline
Post subject: RE: aptosid 2010-02 installed, congratulation to the team  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 19:29

Given the amount of work that has been done in the interim, (i.e. since the discontinuation of sidux development), the team have performed wonders.

Released an iso, new kernel & artwork, set up new repo, provided a painless transition from sidux to aptosid, got the website and irc channels up. All while dealing with the background politics.

A truly Herculean effort.

All hail the dev team.

mickhsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: aptosid 2010-02 installed, congratulation to the tea  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 20:39

merlyn wrote:
Given the amount of work that has been done in the interim, (i.e. since the discontinuation of sidux development), the team have performed wonders.

Released an iso, new kernel & artwork, set up new repo, provided a painless transition from sidux to aptosid, got the website and irc channels up. All while dealing with the background politics.

A truly Herculean effort.

All hail the dev team.

A very fine effort. You guys go from better to betterer! Very Happy

mickhs

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: aptosid 2010-02 installed, congratulation to the  PostPosted: 14.09.2010, 20:50

Amazing work!

hardly missing a beat getting this all set up
Kudos!

Jump to: