View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
snvvOffline
Post subject: [SOLVED] xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 13:55

Code:
The following packages will be REMOVED:
   xserver-xorg (7.6+1)
   xserver-xorg-core (1.9.4-1)
   xserver-xorg-input-all (7.6+1)
   xserver-xorg-input-evdev (2.3.2-6)
   xserver-xorg-input-mouse (1.5.0-2)
   xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (1.2.2-2)
   xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse (12.6.9-2)
   xserver-xorg-input-wacom (0.10.5+20100416-1)
   xserver-xorg-video-all (7.6+1)
   xserver-xorg-video-apm (1.2.2-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-ark (0.7.2-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-ati (6.13.1-2+squeeze1)
   xserver-xorg-video-chips (1.2.3-1)
   xserver-xorg-video-cirrus (1.3.2-2+squeeze1)
   xserver-xorg-video-fbdev (0.4.2-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-i128 (1.3.3-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-intel (2.13.0-5)
   xserver-xorg-video-mach64 (6.8.2-3)
   xserver-xorg-video-mga (1.4.11.dfsg-4+squeeze1)
   xserver-xorg-video-neomagic (1.2.4-3)
   xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (0.0.15+git20100329+7858345-5)
   xserver-xorg-video-nv (2.1.17-3)
   xserver-xorg-video-openchrome (0.2.904+svn842-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-r128 (6.8.1-3)
   xserver-xorg-video-radeon (6.13.1-2+squeeze1)
   xserver-xorg-video-rendition (4.2.3-3)
   xserver-xorg-video-s3 (0.6.3-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-s3virge (1.10.4-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-savage (2.3.1-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion (1.7.3-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-sis (0.10.3-1)
   xserver-xorg-video-sisusb (0.9.3-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-tdfx (1.4.3-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-trident (1.3.3-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-tseng (1.2.3-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-vesa (2.3.0-3)
   xserver-xorg-video-vmware (11.0.1-2)
   xserver-xorg-video-voodoo (1.2.3-2)
The following packages will be upgraded:
   dctrl-tools (2.14.5 => 2.18)
   debhelper (8.0.0 => 8.1.0)
   libdrm-intel1 (2.4.21-1~squeeze3 => 2.4.23-2)
   libdrm-radeon1 (2.4.23-1 => 2.4.23-2)
   libdrm2 (2.4.23-1 => 2.4.23-2)
   libgl1-mesa-dri (7.10-1 => 7.10-2)
   libgl1-mesa-glx (7.10-1 => 7.10-2)
   libglu1-mesa (7.10-1 => 7.10-2)
   libpixman-1-0 (0.16.4-1 => 0.21.4-2)
   libxfont1 (1.4.1-2 => 1.4.3-2)
   x11-common (7.5+8 => 7.6+1)
   xsane (0.997-2+b1 => 0.998-1)
   xsane-common (0.997-2 => 0.998-1)
   xserver-common (1.7.7-12 => 1.9.4-1)
   xutils (7.5+8 => 7.6+1)
15 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 38 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 22.3 MB of archives.
After this operation, 14.3 MB disk space will be freed.

aptosid 64 bit

Last edited by snvv on 11.02.2011, 06:40; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
DonKultOffline
Post subject: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !!!  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 14:23
Team Member

Not a good idea to say "Yes" here… Please everybody, wait if you need a working graphical environment Exclamation

Half of the xserver upload was automatically rejected by the archive cause of "wrong" dependencies (not strict enough). The thing is that this not-strict enough would only effect "oldstable"…

Lets see what will get fixed: The dependency or the tool doing the autoreject (lintian). (As its a discussion point now: Do we (as in debian developer) need to care for oldstable in terms of easy backportability?)

broweOffline
Post subject: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !!!  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 15:31

It could be pointed out that most of those video drivers don't need to be on your system at all. Now might be a good time to do some housecleaning ie. manually purge --remove those drivers that you know you don't need. A hold could be put on the xorg essentials and the actual drivers you do need. Or as DK suggests, wait a day or two and it might sort itself out. After all we're only 1 day into the unfreeze.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !!!  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 15:54

oh well here we go Smile

Sid's starting to throw tantrums again Very Happy

Going to try du in 32 bit to see if I get this same error

snvvOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !!!  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 16:03

browe wrote:
It could be pointed out that most of those video drivers don't need to be on your system at all. Now might be a good time to do some housecleaning ie. manually purge --remove those drivers that you know you don't need. A hold could be put on the xorg essentials and the actual drivers you do need. Or as DK suggests, wait a day or two and it might sort itself out. After all we're only 1 day into the unfreeze.

Most of those video drivers comes as dependencies. Even if I remove them (i did that in the past) will be installed again in the next upgrade.

My approach at the moment is to wait a couple of days before I consider puting packages on hold.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !!!  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 16:21

snvv wrote:
      browe wrote:

Most of those video drivers comes as dependencies. Even if I remove them (i did that in the past) will be installed again in the next upgrade.

My approach at the moment is to wait a couple of days before I consider puting packages on hold.

Yes that will happen on the next major Xorg upgrade

devilOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !!!  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 19:06

and if 32-bit users feel happy they are, until now, not hit by this: dont touch that dial!
32-bit has really nice ffmpeg breakage in stock for you.

greetz
devil

vinurOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !!!  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 20:28

Was about to DU and saw the list of removals... I decided I should look here... for others that felt rather uneasy about it.
Waiting for a better time to upgrade seems like a good idea.

BelaLugosiOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !!!  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 20:46

As Sid just started to rumble again, it might be a good idea to wait with further d-u's at least a couple of days. There are so many things heading to sid, there must be breakages. Just be patient...

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !  PostPosted: 06.02.2011, 21:00

devil wrote:
and if 32-bit users feel happy they are, until now, not hit by this: dont touch that dial!
32-bit has really nice ffmpeg breakage in stock for you.

greetz
devil

Fun fun fun...

Sid's gonna be his old self again very quickly indeed Very Happy

bmorencyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be remov  PostPosted: 07.02.2011, 02:32

I just did a dist upgrade and I was not paying attention to what was going to be done so it remove xserver on me. I tried to reinstall the previous version but it said it couldn't find that version. Does anyone know how to restore to the previous version.

Thanks

ghstryderOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be removed !  PostPosted: 07.02.2011, 04:03

BelaLugosi wrote:
As Sid just started to rumble again, it might be a good idea to wait with further d-u's at least a couple of days. There are so many things heading to sid, there must be breakages. Just be patient...

I've always felt that patience was the best management tool in the box. Of course, asking people who are running sid and want cutting edge to be patient is akin to shoveling sand against the tide. Smile

muchan
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to be r  PostPosted: 07.02.2011, 08:22

bmorency wrote:
I just did a dist upgrade and I was not paying attention to what was going to be done so it remove xserver on me. I tried to reinstall the previous version but it said it couldn't find that version. Does anyone know how to restore to the previous version.
Thanks

You can use squeeze repo to get older version of xserver, since it's not far away from what we had before this xorg transition.

muchan
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: xserver-xorg : Many packages to  PostPosted: 07.02.2011, 08:24

currently, on unstable amd64 I get error:
      Code:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Failed
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 xserver-xorg : Depends: xserver-xorg-video-all but it is not going to be installed or
                         xserver-xorg-video-6
                Depends: xserver-xorg-input-all but it is not going to be installed or
                         xserver-xorg-input-7
                Depends: xserver-xorg-input-evdev but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

GastonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 07.02.2011, 10:10

I will wait too Very Happy
      Code:
Die folgenden Pakete werden ENTFERNT:
  nvidia-glx-legacy-173xx xorg xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-input-all xserver-xorg-input-evdev xserver-xorg-input-kbd xserver-xorg-input-mouse xserver-xorg-input-synaptics xserver-xorg-input-wacom
  xserver-xorg-video-all xserver-xorg-video-apm xserver-xorg-video-ark xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-chips xserver-xorg-video-cirrus xserver-xorg-video-dummy xserver-xorg-video-fbdev
  xserver-xorg-video-glint xserver-xorg-video-i128 xserver-xorg-video-intel xserver-xorg-video-mach64 xserver-xorg-video-mga xserver-xorg-video-neomagic xserver-xorg-video-nouveau xserver-xorg-video-nv
  xserver-xorg-video-openchrome xserver-xorg-video-r128 xserver-xorg-video-radeon xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd xserver-xorg-video-rendition xserver-xorg-video-s3 xserver-xorg-video-s3virge
  xserver-xorg-video-savage xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion xserver-xorg-video-sis xserver-xorg-video-sisusb xserver-xorg-video-tdfx xserver-xorg-video-trident xserver-xorg-video-tseng xserver-xorg-video-v4l
  xserver-xorg-video-vesa xserver-xorg-video-via xserver-xorg-video-vmware xserver-xorg-video-voodoo

But why I have so many xorg and xserver packages?

Jump to: