View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ilinsekt
Post subject: Grub does not use black for transparent  PostPosted: 10.02.2011, 22:26

Just did a dist-upgrade after installing nvidia-drivers from experimental, everything works so far.

However, the new version of Grub does now paint the menu on a black background. I can see that it recognizes the image, as the 10 px border, which was black in Grub 1.98, now shows the specified image. The rest of the image however is completely obscured. Here's my /usr/share/desktop-base/grub-background.sh:
      Code:
WALLPAPER="/usr/share/images/grub/flying_spaghetti_monster.jpg"
COLOR_NORMAL="light-gray/black"
COLOR_HIGHLIGHT="dark-gray/light-gray"

On an unrelated note, bash completion seems messed up, it now inserts a whitespace after a directory, not only after files.

Reply with quote Back to top
spacepenguinOffline
Post subject: RE: Grub does not use black for transparent  PostPosted: 12.02.2011, 03:48

It seems to completely ignore the custom colors. During the last d-u it asked to replace my /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme with the developers version but I declined. Maybe should have said yes...

jsingerOffline
Post subject: RE: Grub does not use black for transparent  PostPosted: 12.02.2011, 10:27

Had the same problem here. I 'solved' it by changing the resolution of my background image from 1024x768 to 640x480 in my case. Grub then automatically rescales the image.
I know this is not a real solution but more a workaround.
I came to it as I wondered why some pictures do the job but not mine.

Jump to: