View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
johnfkOffline
Post subject: [solved] power management out after du  PostPosted: 12.02.2011, 21:18

I am running aptosid 2011-01 on an older Thinkpad. While everything was fine out of the box, after the last d-u acpi power management has completely backed out. In system settings - power management no battery (or cpu, for that matter) is detected. Consequently, the battery meter doesn't show anything either, and acpi-related features like hibernate don't work. Fan is also running all the time, hinting at the system running at highest performance (whatever that means on this old slug). Any advice?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited by johnfk on 01.03.2011, 07:22; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
devilOffline
Post subject: RE: power management out after du  PostPosted: 13.02.2011, 08:13

check /var/log/dpkg.log to see what might be related to the problem.

greetz
devil

johnfkOffline
Post subject: RE: power management out after du  PostPosted: 13.02.2011, 11:44

What pattern should I look for? Thanks!

johnfkOffline
Post subject: RE: power management out after du  PostPosted: 13.02.2011, 16:40

I think I found something related in a Gentoo-Forum. Looks like a bug that should long be fixed (discussion thread on http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-79 ... 3e6351bf). Symptoms are the same: Consolekit error warning on kdm login and powerdevil connection failing, documented in KDE system settings. There is a patch proposed (http://bugs.gentoo.org/281042), but I don't know whether that one also applies on aptosid, neither how to apply a patch. Any suggestions anyone?

johnfkOffline
Post subject: RE: power management out after du  PostPosted: 18.02.2011, 08:23

*BUMP*
My last posting did not mean this is solved; it was just a hint at what I found googling and what looked familiar to my problem.
I've done a fresh aptosid 2011-1 install and found: Even on the fresh install there is a strange consolekit error warning on kde startup. Power management works on a fresh install but then drops out after some logins.
What can I do?

johnfkOffline
Post subject: RE: power management out after du  PostPosted: 01.03.2011, 07:25

I was eventually able to solve the issue. It had to do with installing /usr/lib on an extra partition on a different hd by simply copying everything there; some permissions must have been flawed during that process.
Sorry everyone for using your time.

Jump to: