View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ghstryderOffline
15 Post subject: [Solved] No aptosid.list on a clean i386 KDE Lite Install  PostPosted: 15.09.2010, 16:19

I mentioned this on irc last night, and told Bluewater that I would poke around some more. This isn't a help request, it is easy enought to correct, just an fyi.

I have not seen anyone else complain about this, so I could not get around the idea that it must be something on my end. I did another clean install, then dl'd another copy of the .iso and burned another CD (DAO, 8x) Note that this has now repeated several times.

After the install is complete, there is no /etc/apt/sources.list.d/aptosid.list. This is a clean install, nothing has been done other than setting up wireless and an apt-update, which exits with no errors.

Code:
lb@hexagenia:~$ ls -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d
.  ..  debian.list

lb@hexagenia:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list
#
# you may need to uncomment the deb-src line if you want to get package sources
#
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

lb@hexagenia:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/aptosid.list
cat: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/aptosid.list: No such file or directory

Last edited by ghstryder on 15.09.2010, 17:26; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: No aptosid.list on a clean i386 KDE Lite Install  PostPosted: 15.09.2010, 16:30

Nothing is impossible, but I haven't been able to reproduce that issue yet - despite several test installs.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: No aptosid.list on a clean i386 KDE Lite Install  PostPosted: 15.09.2010, 16:41

Hmm, now I see a potential reason... Did you tell the installer to add non-free sections while installing?

ghstryderOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: No aptosid.list on a clean i386 KDE Lite Install  PostPosted: 15.09.2010, 16:52

slh wrote:
Hmm, now I see a potential reason... Did you tell the installer to add non-free sections while installing?

Not directly, but that happens as a result of using the wireless firmware tool that is part of the installer. I can easily try it again without that step if need be.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: No aptosid.list on a clean i386 KDE Lite Install  PostPosted: 15.09.2010, 16:54

Yes, I'm referring to that. It would be great if you could confirm that issue, but I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

ghstryderOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: No aptosid.list on a clean i386 KDE Lite Ins  PostPosted: 15.09.2010, 17:23

slh wrote:
Yes, I'm referring to that. It would be great if you could confirm that issue, but I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

That got it, thanks!

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: No aptosid.list on a clean i386 KDE Lite  PostPosted: 15.09.2010, 17:33

Thanks for confirming this.

Jump to: