View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
critical_care_nurse
Post subject: Wireless keyboards with touchpads  PostPosted: 09.02.2011, 14:56

I am buying a custom built pc with a i3 cpu, nvidia gt450 video card by EVGA, Asus MiniATX motherboard, and Atheros based wifi card to use as a media center for my LCD TV and want to install the latest aptosid release (2011-01 "Γῆρας") instead of Windows 7. I would also like to use a wireless keyboard with touchpad combo for this system. What hardware will aptosid support? What would you suggest? I was thinking about purchasing a Rapoo 2900 Touch Slim Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad. Thankyou!

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Wireless keyboards with touchpads  PostPosted: 09.02.2011, 15:00

Wireless devices like those you're looking for usually appear as ordinary USB keyboards and mice to the system, so there shouldn't really be any problems with either vendor. I'd suggest to check your vendor's homepage and avoid products that need special drivers for older operating systems (like windows XP) - if there isn't any driver on the download page, chances are high that it will "just work™". Generally speaking, and as sad as it sounds, bluetooth based input devices generally appear to more problematic (pairing in BIOS, grub, etc.) than proprietary wireless protocols.

critical_care_nurse
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.02.2011, 00:59

Thankyou very much slh!

critical_care_nurse
Post subject:   PostPosted: 26.02.2011, 09:22

UPDATE:
Rapoo 2900 Touch Slim Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad works great right out of the box!

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 26.02.2011, 16:15

nice there's keyboards with laptop-like touchpads. Sounds like your Rapoo keyboard's touchpad's a Synaptics one, which is pretty common in laptops

Jump to: