View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
slaughtererOffline
Post subject: Network printer Hp office jet pro  PostPosted: 03.03.2011, 11:26

Hey all,i have a multi machine hp brand officejet pro L7590 model. I want to connect it via ethernet!I have install hplip-toolbox,when i start the installation i choose network printer and i see my device!When i press "add printer" nothing happens.
Any ideas?

Reply with quote Back to top
blackholeOffline
Post subject: RE: Network printer Hp office jet pro  PostPosted: 03.03.2011, 11:32

You must install with localhost:631. Hplip has not the privilges to install printer...unless you make some modifications to the configuration.

P.S.: a good way. if you have problems, is to launch hp-setup as root. This way you can know exactly the address of the printer needed for cups.

BelaLugosiOffline
Post subject: RE: Network printer Hp office jet pro  PostPosted: 03.03.2011, 12:06

Add yourself to the group(s) lp/lpadmin and you should be able to configure the printer via "hp-setup"

slaughtererOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Network printer Hp office jet pro  PostPosted: 03.03.2011, 19:48

blackhole wrote:
You must install with localhost:631. Hplip has not the privilges to install printer...unless you make some modifications to the configuration.

P.S.: a good way. if you have problems, is to launch hp-setup as root. This way you can know exactly the address of the printer needed for cups.

I did it but nothing happend!Tnx for the help any way.

Jump to: