View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thunderrdOffline
Post subject: Will the old forum be moved here eventually?  PostPosted: 16.09.2010, 03:40

I'd like to know if there are plans to move the old forum to this site. I mean, most of us learn a great deal from the forum, and it would be a shame to lose all of those bookmarks I've made over the last year... Wink

Or, if it can't be moved, can it be archived in a read-only format (ie. no posting) so we can find those important threads again?

Reply with quote Back to top
edhunterOffline
Post subject: RE: Will the old forum be moved here eventually?  PostPosted: 16.09.2010, 03:46

currently the forum on sidux.com is read-only but we can not yet say how long that forum will be available. The domains will have to be transfered to sidux e.V. and I'm not sure what will happen with the machine the old forum currently is on. I guess its wait and see..

thunderrdOffline
Post subject: RE: Will the old forum be moved here eventually?  PostPosted: 16.09.2010, 03:57

It would be tragic to lose that archive. I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't think it's impossible to move it here somehow. That would be great for everyone, and it would eliminate a lot of repeat questions.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: Will the old forum be moved here eventually?  PostPosted: 16.09.2010, 04:28

perhaps move it somehow to an Archived subforum?

Jump to: