View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bmorencyOffline
Post subject: forward and back buttons missing from iceweasel  PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 02:40

Hi,

I just did a d-u and it updated iceweasel to version 3.5.18-1 and when I loaded it the back and forward buttons are missing.

I tried to load it in safe mode to see if it would fix it. I have also tried to delete .mozilla folder to see if that would fix it but still doesn't work.

I tried to load it from the terminal and it shows the following messages:

Code:

(firefox-bin:2702): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-go-back-ltr' for stock: Icon 'gtk-go-back-ltr' not present in theme

(firefox-bin:2702): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(firefox-bin:2702): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_default_render_icon: assertion `base_pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:2702): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_style_render_icon: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:2702): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(firefox-bin:2702): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-go-forward-ltr' for stock: Icon 'gtk-go-forward-ltr' not present in theme

(firefox-bin:2702): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(firefox-bin:2702): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_default_render_icon: assertion `base_pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:2702): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_style_render_icon: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:2702): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

I'm not sure what I can do to fix this. If you need any other info let me know. This is also the first time I have updated since the libgtk2.0 issue from another thread.

Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
bmorencyOffline
Post subject: RE: forward and back buttons missing from iceweasel  PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 03:02

It seems to be a problem with just the default theme. I installed another theme and the back and forward buttons re appear.

DonKultOffline
Post subject: RE: forward and back buttons missing from iceweasel  PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 09:47
Team Member

Do you mean the complete buttons or just the dropdowns?

If the later you can press and hold the back/forward buttons for a while to show the dropdown menu.
If the first is your case try if they are in the 'Customize…' rightclick menu.

drbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 10:20

The complete buttons for the default theme here . . . which I don't normally use. Noia is fine

bmorencyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: forward and back buttons missing from iceweasel  PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 11:00

The complete buttons are missing. The drop down arrow is still there though for me.

nh2Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: forward and back buttons missing from iceweasel  PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 14:20

Same issue with the default theme: the buttons are not completely missing, they're just tiny and don't have any icon (I still can click on them)... But no problem with the theme I use regularly.

deusdaraOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 15:29

Hi,

I have not done a d-u and when a I loaded iceweasel version 3.5.17 the back and forward buttons are missing..

Now I have done a d-u and when I loaded iceweasel version 3.5.18 the back and forward buttons are missing yet.

Any sugestion to fix.

Deusdará

[Mobo: Asus Maximus III Formula ][CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7 860@2.80 GHz][RAM:2x2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Corsair][GPU: nVidia GTX 570][HD:Seagate 1,0 TB SATA II][Fonte: Corsair 500w - CMPSU-500CXV2 ][aptosid]

Last edited by deusdara on 26.03.2011, 17:08; edited 1 time in total

seagullOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 15:57

It's a problem of the default theme. Workaround: Use another theme!

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 16:02

seagull wrote:
It's a problem of the default theme. Workaround: Use another theme!

a great theme that fits in with kde is Oxygen KDE:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Ox ... ent=117962

Take a look...I've installed this theme and it makes IW/FF look great with KDE4

deusdaraOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 16:32

Hi

That theme dont work for iceweasel 3.5.18.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Any sugestion?

Deusdara

[Mobo: Asus Maximus III Formula ][CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7 860@2.80 GHz][RAM:2x2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Corsair][GPU: nVidia GTX 570][HD:Seagate 1,0 TB SATA II][Fonte: Corsair 500w - CMPSU-500CXV2 ][aptosid]

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 16:41

deusdara wrote:
Hi

That theme dont work for iceweasel 3.5.18.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Any sugestion?

Deusdara

here are some that are compatible with IW/FF 3.5

http://www.firefoxfacts.com/2009/07/06/ ... 3-5-ready/

Ilinsekt
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 16:43

Personally, I have used the original Mozilla build of firefox and thunderbird since I installed aptosid. http://ubuntuzilla.sourceforge.net used to provide the latest version in a debian repo (yes, yes I know, ubuntu is not compatible... However, these packages install completely in /opt and are therefore easy to remove). Since Ubuntuzilla ceased operations (The last two posts indicate otherwise, but there is no definitive future yet), I downloaded the python script responsible for downloading and packaging the mozilla release from the developer's git. I modified it to remove its dependency on sudo (it uses fakeroot now) and also to make the user be able to select a default locale which is going to be downloaded (it always downloaded en-US before) and also additional language packs which will be downloaded and installed before packaging. Also, additional maintainer scripts now declare the configuration files and register firefox as an alternative for x-www-browser. If there is interest, I could post the modified version here.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 16:57

Ilinsekt wrote:
Personally, I have used the original Mozilla build of firefox and thunderbird since I installed aptosid. http://ubuntuzilla.sourceforge.net used to provide the latest version in a debian repo (yes, yes I know, ubuntu is not compatible... However, these packages install completely in /opt and are therefore easy to remove). Since Ubuntuzilla ceased operations (The last two posts indicate otherwise, but there is no definitive future yet), I downloaded the python script responsible for downloading and packaging the mozilla release from the developer's git. I modified it to remove its dependency on sudo (it uses fakeroot now) and also to make the user be able to select a default locale which is going to be downloaded (it always downloaded en-US before) and also additional language packs which will be downloaded and installed before packaging. Also, additional maintainer scripts now declare the configuration files and register firefox as an alternative for x-www-browser. If there is interest, I could post the modified version here.

There's nothing to prevent you from using Ubuntu packages with aptosid but be warned that using them can put your system into an unsupportable state should you run into issues and the aptosid team will not support your system in that case.

muchan
Post subject:   PostPosted: 25.03.2011, 19:43

now experimental has iceweasel 4.0-2.
I don't see any valid reason to download from mozilla directly, any more.

arwaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 26.03.2011, 08:45

If the buttons are missing, did you try to quit firefox, delete the temporary GUI caching files XPC.mfasl and XUL.mfasl in your profile directory and restart the browser? In my case the files are in ~/.mozilla/firefox/default.sty/. But I did not try the upgrade yet.

Jump to: