View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
devilOffline
Post subject: KDE SC 4.6.1 just now hit http://qt-kde.debian.net/  PostPosted: 02.04.2011, 11:40

as topic says. please go read http://qt-kde.debian.net/ before upgrading and watch what apt wants to remove.
here it ditches 7 packages:
      Code:
kde-icons-oxygen kdelibs5 kdepimlibs5 kdiff3 libakonadiprivate1 libkexiv2-7 libkonq5a
kde(pim)libs5 are gone, the rest should be reinstallable. your list may differ slightly, but no essential things should be removed.

greetz
devil

Reply with quote Back to top
blackholeOffline
Post subject: RE: KDE SC 4.6.1 just now hit http://qt-kde.debian.net/  PostPosted: 02.04.2011, 11:49

ktorrent will be removed. However it is possible to reinstall it from experimental:

apt-get install ktorrent libsolidcontrol4 libsolidcontrolifaces4 -t experimental

(Using apt-get -t experimental-snapshots dist-upgrade

will remove only kdelibs5 and ktorrent)

se7enOffline
Post subject: RE: KDE SC 4.6.1 just now hit http://qt-kde.debian.net/  PostPosted: 02.04.2011, 12:08

The following packages will be REMOVED:
libakonadiprivate1 libkonq5a

BelaLugosiOffline
Post subject: RE: KDE SC 4.6.1 just now hit http://qt-kde.debian.net/  PostPosted: 02.04.2011, 12:37

A lot of stuf wants to be removed here...
      Code:
  akonadi-kde-resource-googledata akregator aptosid-art-kde aptosid-art-kde-keres aptosid-art-ksplash-keres aptosid-settings-kde             
  backintime-kde blogilo digikam kaddressbook kde-icons-oxygen kde-window-manager kdebase-workspace kdebase-workspace-bin kdelibs5           
  kdepasswd kdepim-groupware kdepim-kresources kdepim-runtime kdepim-wizards kdepimlibs5-dev kding kgpg kipi-plugins kmail konq-plugins     
  konqueror kontact konversation kopete korganizer kscreensaver libakonadi-contact4 libakonadi-kmime4 libkdepim4 libkopete4                 
  libmailtransport4 libmessagelist4 libssl-dev plasma-dataengines-workspace plasma-desktop plasma-netbook plasma-runners-addons             
  plasma-scriptengine-python plasma-widget-eventlist plasma-widgets-workspace python-dev python-kde4 python-kde4-dev python-qt4-dev         
  python-sip-dev python2.6-dev python2.7-dev system-config-printer-kde

yossarianOffline
Post subject: RE: KDE SC 4.6.1 just now hit http://qt-kde.debian.net/  PostPosted: 02.04.2011, 12:56

You can try:
      Code:
# apt-get -t experimental-snapshots dist-upgrade

BelaLugosiOffline
Post subject: RE: KDE SC 4.6.1 just now hit http://qt-kde.debian.net/  PostPosted: 02.04.2011, 13:19

Thanks, but i solved it by installing kdebase-workspace from experimental-snapshots and it pulled almost everything with it.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.04.2011, 13:23

These packages will be removed here:

Code:

kappfinder kde-icons-oxygen kde4-minimal kdelibs5 kdepimlibs5 kdessh kode kpilot akonadiprivate1

clubexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 02.04.2011, 19:21

apt-get -t experimental-snapshots dist-upgrade

did it for me. No problems so far.

merlynOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.04.2011, 01:57

Code:
apt-get -t experimental-snapshots dist-upgrade

Worked without a hitch for me also.

I prefer the "old" system settings layout however as the "groupings" were more 'sensible' to my way of thinking.

Point in case there are now two or three (if you have kde-config-gtk-style installed) places to customise the appearance of your "desktop" & "applications"

Also the new monochrome icons while nice introduce visual inconsistancies to the system tray (the tooltip icons don't follow suit).

Not to mention the use of a pair of scissors to 'represent' the klipboard. Scissors = cut in my book and thus does not represent the full functionality of the the klipboard.

Cheers.

blackholeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.04.2011, 10:44

Can you all check akonadi? Please hit button "test" on akonadi configuration. Do you have some errors?

arwaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.04.2011, 19:36

I have now upgraded to KDE4.6.1 from KDE4.4.5. I had to download about "1 dot 21 jigabytes" (with all these dbg packages that I have installed). Everything went smooth. Only kappfinder and one akonadi-library was removed.

The dist-upgrade just asked when installing the new kdm if it should install the new kdmrc. I alowed it to make sure, everything fits together.

The only kde package that is held back is kdepim-runtime-dbg. If I try to install it, the package kdepim-dbg would be removed. This seems not correct somehow!?

When starting kdm it asked me to choose annother session type, because "kde" does not exist anymore?! I did choose the "KDE plasma workspace" IIRC and KDE did start fine.

My first impression: WOW how fast it is! I currently am using the nouveau driver with my GeForce 6200 card. Moving a window with the whole content displayed was _very_ slow before. Now it moves like when just displaying the window border while moving. Also konqueror is much faster. Really cool.

@blackhole:
akonadi "Test..." gives me several error logs. The mysql server log has a problem "
      Quote:
110403 21:30:10 [Warning] Can't open and lock time zone table: Table 'mysql.time_zone_leap_second' doesn't exist trying to live without them
110403 21:30:10 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
110403 21:30:10 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections.

And the akonadi control error log has 22 errors of the type 'void AgentManager::readPluginInfos(const QDir&) Duplicated agent identifier "akonadi_vcard_resource" from file "/usr/share/akonadi/agents/vcardresource.desktop"' with different agent identifiers like "akonadi_mbox_resource", "akonadi_kcal_resource" and so on.

As I do not yet use akonadi I do not know how problematic this is.

arwaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.04.2011, 20:42

One problem I had was that Ctrl+Alt+v did not open the klipper menu anymore. The hotkey is no longer configured in klipper but in the systray settings. There was this hotkey correctly defined. I had to remove and redefine it. Now it works again.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.04.2011, 21:50

maybe the akonadi databases need rebuilding due to the upgrade? Think there was an article on it with some fixes/workarounds when issues with akonadi databases occurred on an older KDE4 release.

blackholeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 03.04.2011, 23:51

Yes, I have tried rebuilding deleting the akonadi directories in /home/user/.local/share and /home/user/.config.
(I was lucky that I had a backup of agenda and contacts...)

There are some error messages like this one:
      Quote:

void AgentManager::readPluginInfos(const QDir&) Duplicated agent identifier "akonadi_birthdays_resource" from file "/usr/share/akonadi/agents/birthdaysresource.desktop"

It seems to me that calendar is a real akonadi resource but addressbook is not. Maybe the switch to akonadi is not completed?

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 04.04.2011, 00:05

blackhole wrote:
Yes, I have tried rebuilding deleting the akonadi directories in /home/user/.local/share and /home/user/.config.
(I was lucky that I had a backup of agenda and contacts...)

There are some error messages like this one:
      Quote:

void AgentManager::readPluginInfos(const QDir&) Duplicated agent identifier "akonadi_birthdays_resource" from file "/usr/share/akonadi/agents/birthdaysresource.desktop"

It seems to me that calendar is a real akonadi resource but addressbook is not. Maybe the switch to akonadi is not completed?

Maybe someone who knows akonadi can chime in

Jump to: