View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 04.04.2011, 17:12

blackhole wrote:
Digikam is not working here, after removing marble-plugins

On my thinkpad digikam 1.2 from sid starts and I don't have marble-plugins installed while on my desktop it crashes...haven't checked if I had marble plugins installed there.

Maybe move the digikam config files aside (don't delete just rename) to see if it is a bad setting that causes it to crash?

Also did you PURGE marble-plugins? I think digikam picks up the config file that's left behind if that package isn't purged. Purging the plugins package removes that config file.

Reply with quote Back to top
devilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 04.04.2011, 19:12

digikam depends on libmarblewidget10, which is broken at the moment.
i think, this has to do with unbuildable kdebindings due to python breakage.

greetz
devil

blackholeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 04.04.2011, 21:57

Compiled and installed libgcal0 and akonadi-googledata from source. Now sync with gmail is working perfect (contacts and calendar).

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 05.04.2011, 00:23

Another thing I discovered is that you may need to install upower package if you want powerdevil to work properly on 4.6. Without this package, some systems may not display any power profiles nor allow sleep or hibernate to work.

devilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 05.04.2011, 05:21

upower got installed here on all machines with the upgrade to 4.6.1

greetz
devil

merlynOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 05.04.2011, 09:41

BelaLugosi wrote:
@merlyn

Since the upgrade to KDE 4.6.1 there are problems using akonadi and google-calendars/contacts. But there is also a solution --> Bug #264861 @ bugs.kde.org (site down atm). Works here.

Thanks for the tip.

I haven't actually used the akonadi google-data resource before.

But given the information you provided a link to will definitely give it a try.

Cheers.

dexterusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 05.04.2011, 15:27

ok, upgraded. kappfinder and libakonadiprivate1 were removed and everything runs smoothly... more/less...

thing is, i have this usbhid (a remote control) device and since the upgrade it requires starting hald manually in order for it to work (which wasn't the case previously). so, is this udev related, or is there some package installing/additional configuring that should be done? or maybe i've missed something here in the forums/manual? also, if anyone can point me out to some readings on how to add hald properly to init.d scripts, it'll be highly appreciated. Smile

oh, and a small quirk i noticed since the upgrade... the "close tab" button in konsole became inactive (greyed out).

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 05.04.2011, 15:52

dexterus wrote:
ok, upgraded. kappfinder and libakonadiprivate1 were removed and everything runs smoothly... more/less...

thing is, i have this usbhid (a remote control) device and since the upgrade it requires starting hald manually in order for it to work (which wasn't the case previously). so, is this udev related, or is there some package installing/additional configuring that should be done? or maybe i've missed something here in the forums/manual? also, if anyone can point me out to some readings on how to add hald properly to init.d scripts, it'll be highly appreciated. Smile

oh, and a small quirk i noticed since the upgrade... the "close tab" button in konsole became inactive (greyed out).

Hal is being deprecated and many of the hal rules have been removed so its necessary to start it manually for any legacy HID devices. Hopefully a future update will make your device work with udev.

You can still close tabs by going to File>Close Tab. Yes it's an annoying quirk not having Close Tab button greyed out so hope it gets fixed soon

devil wrote:
upower got installed here on all machines with the upgrade to 4.6.1

greetz
devil

For some reason upower didn't get installed on my desktop system. Installed it manually and sleep works again on the desktop

dexterusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 05.04.2011, 16:47

DeepDayze wrote:

Hal is being deprecated and many of the hal rules have been removed so its necessary to start it manually for any legacy HID devices. Hopefully a future update will make your device work with udev.

yeah, i read about hal being deprecated and udev taking over. so, i guess i'll have to take your advice and wait. Smile

DeepDayze wrote:

You can still close tabs by going to File>Close Tab. Yes it's an annoying quirk not having Close Tab button greyed out so hope it gets fixed soon

hehe, yep, i was aware of the 'workaround', just wanted to make sure it wasn't only me.

thanks for the quick reply!
cheers!

arwaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 05.04.2011, 18:24

I do not have the open/close tab icons enabled, because I usually close a shell by pressing "ctrl+d". AFAIK only if a program does not quit correctly you might need another way.

Jump to: