View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
se7enOffline
Post subject: Good and bad question?  PostPosted: 10.04.2011, 09:57

Ok you are honestly telling me that you are doing something illegal if I post a link to another site. Wow learned something new today. And if that is true than I am sorry to almost got you into trouble.
BUT
What was the the illegal content in my last thread where I only asked why the thread was re(moved) >/dev/null?
Is asking a question illegal now as well or do you want to keep discussions like that out of the forum as well. And if that is the case I would have to ask again WHY? Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but I do not like to be pushed around.

Reply with quote Back to top
slamOffline
Post subject: RE: Good and bad question?  PostPosted: 10.04.2011, 10:08
Team Member

You have been asked to discuss your issue with moderation in PM or IRC, please do so. We will not - and also partially cannot - discuss those issues in the forums.
Thanks for understanding!
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
DonKultOffline
Post subject: RE: Good and bad question?  PostPosted: 10.04.2011, 10:58
Team Member

Not every link to another side is legally questionable. But a administrator is responsible for removing any - including direct posts as well as indirect hints to other posts - message which is considered illegal or someone can fill a lawsuit against them. Posting for you in your country might not be a problem but for an administrator with a world-readable forum you have to consider a few more than just your own things.

Remember the plastic cups on which is printed 'may contain hot coffee' now just because people have won a lawsuit against the company giving out coffee in unlabeled cups which caused burns because nobody expected hot coffee in it without a warning? Laws are crazy, we just try to protect us against them…

P.S.: We are not (re)move posts to /dev/null but to a subforum which is only viewable by team members so any team member can see your posts and as slam posted also his PMs to you (not yours back to him, in case you have written any, as this would need your acknowledge) in it also these, to review what was done.

se7enOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.04.2011, 14:29

Well thanks DonKult. I started to doubt my English skills, because I could not get a simple answer out of slam. That was all it takes.

I do understand the removal in my first post, in fact I did ask for it because it had now valuable information in it anymore. I honestly didn't know that posting a link to another forum which has a link to “the site” would bring you in trouble.

After removing the original without any PM I thought ok whatever I guess the community doesn't need to know what I thought is an interesting news but I guess I am a multimedianazi Smile

My anger/disappointment has nothing to do with the fact that the information in my thread was dangerous to your forum, BUT the fact that even my legal question got only answered with "no info bla, Thank you for understanding! Greetings, Chris .... ??? Not really satisfying for me.

And by the way.
      Quote:
You have been asked ...

I asked first slam Smile without getting an answer so why would I ...

All that could have been avoided if you would have answered in a normal human manner. I am not here to make trouble but I am not a child and “because I said so” ... does not work for me.

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.04.2011, 15:04
Team Member

Just to complete the picture here: I have asked you several times in a very clear and friendly manner to discuss your moderation problems with moderators via PM or IRC, and not via public forum posts. You still insist on doing so ...
Given the way you communicate I will be happy to hand over any further problems related to you to another moderator.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
se7enOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.04.2011, 16:09

I might be wrong but maybe I am not the only one who didn't know that linking to another forum with an illegal link is dangerous. Shouldn't it be exactly in your interest to inform the member of this forum. Instead you insist to PM. I am starting to really ask me why. Moderation problem. Yes I have one! You accused me to have been violated the terms and condition of this forum but did again not answer my question on where I would find that paragraph. If it is not there you might want to think about including it. Answering everytime the same has nothing to do with moderation.

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.04.2011, 16:15
Team Member

It is there - just read with other people's problems in mind, and not just your own ones.
Thanks.
Greetings,
Chris

dptOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.04.2011, 19:19

After long peace....., perhaps it was getting too cool.
Nice to see slam so tolerant now.

dpt

ghstryderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 10.04.2011, 19:33

I've always thought the moderators are far too tolerant.

se7enOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 11.04.2011, 01:01

I do not even understand the last "NOT" answer to my question. So I guess this problem is "solved" ... by DonKult. Smile
Thanks for understanding!

Greetings,

Se7en Smile

dptOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 11.04.2011, 16:49

ghstryder wrote:
I've always thought the moderators are far too tolerant.

slam is smiling in his pic, he sees it before he posts.
Edits his initially drafted post to sound good.

dpt

ghstryderOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 11.04.2011, 17:36

Quote:
slam is smiling in his pic, he sees it before he posts.
Edits his initially drafted post to sound good.
Fully understandable, and therapeutic as well. If I didn't type my real thoughts and then erase and re-type, I would have been banned long ago.

slhOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 11.04.2011, 17:50

Personal attacks don't lead anywhere, closing.

Jump to: