View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
seagullOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 20.04.2011, 17:23

Code:
apt-cache policy libdbus-1-3
libdbus-1-3:
  Installiert: 1.4.6-1
  Kandidat:    1.4.8-2
  Versionstabelle:
     1.4.8-2 0
        500 http://debian.tu-bs.de/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
 *** 1.4.6-1 0
        500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

as devil mentioned: a downgrade makes the error disappear in my case.

Reply with quote Back to top
DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 20.04.2011, 17:30

seagull wrote:
      Code:
apt-cache policy libdbus-1-3
libdbus-1-3:
  Installiert: 1.4.6-1
  Kandidat:    1.4.8-2
  Versionstabelle:
     1.4.8-2 0
        500 http://debian.tu-bs.de/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
 *** 1.4.6-1 0
        500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

as devil mentioned: a downgrade makes the error disappear in my case.

I have a 32 bit system so this problem seems to just be in 64 bits...maybe a bug report against dbus/libdbus is in order. If you do file one paste in your logs into the bug report

devilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 20.04.2011, 17:43

it happens for 64-bit also, but not everywhere. i am not hit in either arch.

greetz
devil

arwaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 20.04.2011, 19:20

I do not use a quote or code block, because it will be too much work. I did compare the output with the one in mine ~/.xsession-errors when starting KDE4.6.1

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/98vboxadd-xclient: Zeile 43: /usr/bin/VBoxClient: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

=> I do not have such entries, but instead: "Failed to connect to the VirtualBox kernel service".

Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

=> This warning does occur here, too. So this is not the problem. Further messages that are the same will be marked as "=> Ok".

KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/pppoeconf.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(4349) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType in "/usr/share/applications/nxclient.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).

=> I do only have one such entry regarding "/usr/share/applications/aptosid/aptosid-manual.desktop".

"KConfigIni: In file /tmp/kde-tom2/kconf_updateAD4353.tmp, line 1: " Invalid entry (missing '=')

=> I do not have any entries regarding "KConfigIni".

Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

=> Ok

QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::accessibilityChanged(bool, const QString) to DeviceAutomounter::deviceMountChanged(bool, const QString)

=> No (do not have it here)

DeviceAutomounter::deviceMountChanged(bool, const QString)

=> No

"/usr/lib/kde4/solid_hal_power.so" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function.

=> No

Invalid D-BUS member name 'idle-hint' found in interface 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session' while parsing introspection

=> Ok. All these introspection warnings do occur here, too.

kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/libkdeinit/libkdeinit4_kcminit_startup.so

=> No. "libkdeinit4" does not show up here. Maybe because I have KDE4.6?

kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/libkdeinit/libkdeinit4_ksmserver.so
<unknown>(4345)/ KStartupInfo::createNewStartupId: creating: "aptosidbox;1303317318;642521;4345_TIME0" : "unnamed app"
kephald starting up

=> No. I do not have any entries with "hald".

looking for current "SCREEN-0"
known "*" has score: 0.125
found outputs, known: false
activate external configuration!!
registered the service: true

=> No

screens registered on the bus: true
outputs registered on the bus: true
configurations registered on the bus: true
process 4348: arguments to dbus_message_iter_append_basic() were incorrect, assertion "*bool_p == 0 || *bool_p == 1" failed in file dbus-message.c line 2541.

=> No

Perhaps you find more info in /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Also you can try if starting another window manager (like icewm or something) instead of KDE does work.

arwaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 20.04.2011, 19:40

Some more ideas:

If you have libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental installed: This currently breaks the dist-upgrade. Make sure that all packages are set up by executing "apt-get -f install".

Also, if you are using the nouveau driver: Have you set the composite backend in KDE to xrender?
~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc
=> Backend=XRender

If all this does not help you might want to try a step forward and install KDE4.6. I recommend this anyway, because it is so much faster than 4.4. => http://qt-kde.debian.net/ and http://aptosid.com/index.php?name=PNphp ... amp;t=1068

oldieOnline!
Post subject:   PostPosted: 20.04.2011, 20:13

"Also you can try if starting another window manager (like icewm or something) instead of KDE does work"

sorry - did not work - my 2 systems did nothing - only kdein unstable, no mouse, no keybord only flicker - thank you

says sid (unstable) does not work?? -

Description sid is wrong for 6 weeks - this job I can - but do not do

Backup - DU - test - crash - Importing backup - DU - test - backup - that makes no fun anymore - sorry.

oldie

kilgoretroutOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 20.04.2011, 20:33

Please reread my prior post. I have just installed from the current KDE-Lite 32 bit. I did absolutely nothing to the default configuration of KDE or anything else. First boot was fine. Did a dist-upgrade and now have the exact same symptoms as seagull, i.e. cannot login to KDE, kwin repeatedly crashes and I get the same error/bug report windows as seagull. Installed LXDE from the command line and can login to LXDE from kdm just fine. I have a GeForce 9400 GT graphics card and am running the stock nouveau driver that is installed by default.

From the above, one can conclude that this is not a 64bit only problem and it is not caused by any odd plasmoids or experimental packages as I installed none; I just did a dist-upgrade after a fresh install to bring the system up to date.

devilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 20.04.2011, 20:43

the cause for this is clearly dbus/libdbus: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=623492

greetz
devil

hunkirdowneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 20.04.2011, 23:51

kilgoretrout wrote:
Same problem here on a fresh install of 2011-kde-min. Changed nothing from the default kde setup; first boot was fine; did a dist-upgrade; on reboot have the identical problem as seagul. Running 32 bit, with the nouveau driver.

Same problem here on a not-so-fresh install. Running 32 bit, with the nouveau driver. Followed devil's earlier advice and downgraded libdbus-1-3 to testing and put a hold on it. Works fine now. Thanks devil!

I stole the following from somewhere on the site and edited it to suit my needs.

Quote:
# Downgrading

# The steps are using libdbus-1-3 as an example:

# 1. enable/uncomment testing sources in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list (delete the #) so that it reads
# deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

# 2. # apt-get update

# 3. # apt-get install libdbus-1-3/testing

# 4. Put the newly installed package on hold with:
# # echo libdbus-1-3 hold|dpkg --set-selections

# 5. comment the testing sources in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list

# 6. # apt-get update

# When you do want to get the latest version of the package just do this:

# echo libdbus-1-3 install|dpkg --set-selections
# apt-get update
# apt-get install libdbus-1-3

If you are still having problems and have not tried the above it is easy to do and easy to back out of if it didn't fix the problem.

All the credit goes to devil and to the fine person who wrote the above in the manual.

http://manual.aptosid.com/en/sys-admin-apt-en.htm then browse down to 'Downgrading' section.

Cheers!

smooOffline
Post subject: Perhaps related?  PostPosted: 21.04.2011, 02:31

I've just started having, today, what might be a related issue: With or without my dual-monitor setup, if I log into a kwin-associated manager (like XFCE4 or KDE), the monitors soon go dark and enter "power-saving mode".

Logging in via ssh from another computer shows that the x-manager still runs, and I can correctly forward various windows to the other computer (e.g. konqueror works just fine).

I tried putting libdbus-1-3 on hold, downgrading, and all of that, with no luck.

I also reinstalled the Geras XFCE version. This works fine until I try to dist-upgrade (even with libdbus-1-3 held), whereupon a restart gives me the same dying monitors problem.

dinub1Offline
Post subject: RE: Perhaps related?  PostPosted: 21.04.2011, 13:04

Mine occurred after doing upgrade with smxi. I did not have any issues with previous kernel. However I upgraded also to a new nVidia graphics card. Its a GTX 560 Ti. Could this bug be related?
Also if I remove the nvidia driver and go back to the regular xorg driver, would this temporarily solve the problem? I cannot get in to the GUI at all. The kwin crash error persists and does not go away.

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Perhaps related?  PostPosted: 21.04.2011, 13:31

dinub1 wrote:
Mine occurred after doing upgrade with smxi. I did not have any issues with previous kernel. However I upgraded also to a new nVidia graphics card. Its a GTX 560 Ti. Could this bug be related?
Also if I remove the nvidia driver and go back to the regular xorg driver, would this temporarily solve the problem? I cannot get in to the GUI at all. The kwin crash error persists and does not go away.

Be advised if you use 3rd party scripts you are basically on your own...just a heads up, as the aptosid team does not support systems that are maintained using any such 3rd party scripts.

Ice9Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Perhaps related?  PostPosted: 21.04.2011, 17:42

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
My dist-upgrade from yesterday left me with an unusable computer, downgrading libdbus as described above fixed it.
/me bows to the wizards on this forum

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Perhaps related?  PostPosted: 21.04.2011, 19:13

dinub1 wrote:

What version of KDE you running?

kilgoretroutOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 21.04.2011, 19:16

A dist-upgrade today included two libdbus packages which have corrected the problem for me. I can now login to kde.

Jump to: