View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ShakaZOffline
Post subject: Konsole - scrollback/history not working  PostPosted: 26.05.2011, 09:33

Since today's dist-upgrade some weird things happen :

in Konsole : no command history by using up or down arrows, except if Caps Lock is turned on.
in "all" programs (Konsole, Iceweasel, Kwrite,...) : arrow keys don't work except if Caps Lock is turned on
However function+arrow keys does work (used to set screen rightness and for volume control)

EDIT : Somehow this issue is gone. Don't know why, last thing I did was removing a couple of packages trying to solve an unrelated sound issue... (apt-get remove vlc-plugin-pulse gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio pavucontrol alsa-tools-gui)
I did also use the Caps Lock key a couple of times.

At reboot the same issue happens again, then 10 min and a couple of Caps Lock's later it's gone again.

Reply with quote Back to top
DonKultOffline
Post subject: RE: Konsole - scrollback/history not working [sort of SOLVED  PostPosted: 26.05.2011, 11:16
Team Member

Could be a physical cause: dirt in the keyboard.

I don't know why but the most annoying keys tend to hang. For me, it wasn't dirt, but the little rubber contacts under two of my keys which had a small hole and therefore after certain presses never released again. C°An^^ ^yO°u^^ G°^ue°Ss^ w°Hi^cH° ?° Wink

ShakaZOffline
Post subject: RE: Konsole - scrollback/history not working [sort of SOLVED  PostPosted: 26.05.2011, 11:36

That could be the case if using turning Caps Lock on didn't unlock the limitation, and turning Caps Lock off put the limitation back in place.

Looks like the Shift key and perhaps "^" in your case.

This time it's been more than 10 min and a lot of Caps Lock's but the issue is still there, so it must be something else than time or pressing Caps Lock that makes it go away after some time.

Jump to: