View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
green_beanOffline
Post subject: Intel wireless with kernek 2.6.36 crashing router  PostPosted: 28.05.2011, 03:30

I just installed the 32bit version of aptosid on my laptop, which has an Intel Corporation Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 card.

When I connect to my wireless router with the 2.6.37 kernel that was originally installed everything thing is fine. If I boot into the 2.6.39 kernel things work for a few minutes and then my router crashes and I have to power cycle it for my wireless to come back at all.

The router is an Actiontec MI424WR-GEN2.

Any ideas as to what is going on here? Or how to troubleshoot and fix it?

Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: Intel wireless with kernek 2.6.36 crashing router  PostPosted: 28.05.2011, 14:48

hmm how does this crash the router?

hubiOffline
Post subject: RE: Intel wireless with kernek 2.6.36 crashing router  PostPosted: 28.05.2011, 15:48

Must be the new CYBER_WAR_MODE=ON option. I'll take out the routers of my neighbours now and sign on to the cyber war department of the Defense Ministry then Wink

Jump to: