View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tr0nic
Post subject: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 25.06.2011, 23:50

What has happened to aptosid/sidux/"whatever name fits best to the very awesome *censored*" is really making me sad, but confirms what I've been seeing throughout the last few months, well, even years.

I shall refrain from commenting this any further. Everything has been said.
This thread will be locked anyway.
Please delete my account.

Rest in peace.

A fellow follower since early Kanotix days.

t.

Reply with quote Back to top
jacmoeOffline
Post subject: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 00:16

Fuck this. Smile

Why are you not busy spreading some good karma instead of this drama queen performance?
Get you act together.

You and the rest of the aptosid community.

I am sure that you can turn the tide around. Wink

seasonsOffline
Post subject: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 00:23

WTF are you talking about? Citations? Otherwise, take your drama out the door and let it hit in you in the @ss on the way out.

natelwinOffline
Post subject: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 03:20

+1 to that, seasons.

I've left many places I don't like and felt no need for a "mooning" on the way out.

If you really want to leave, it's easier to just leave and say nothing.

piperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 03:36

natelwin wrote:
+1 to that, seasons.

I've left many places I don't like and felt no need for a "mooning" on the way out.

If you really want to leave, it's easier to just leave and say nothing.

+1

Just leave, aptosid is not for you

We understand that aptosid is not the distro for everyone, we can't please everyone.

Announcing that one is leaving in my opinion is done here to add fuel to the fire of people who arent happy with aptosid

I wish the people who don't like the way aptosid works, installs, upgrades, etc ... would find another distro so we can get back to aptosiding.

please get the drama out now !!!!

tr0nic you have a whole 2 posts

I will not move or lock this, I feel that this should be an example (however, I have no control if someone else does)

slamOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 04:17
Team Member

Moved to "Anything Goes" - this is definitely no "News".
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
tr0nic
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 06:53

Was a bit tired and upset yesterday, but you're right, I shouldn't have said a word. Sorry for that.
      Quote:

I wish the people who don't like the way aptosid works, installs, upgrades, etc ... would find another distro so we can get back to aptosiding.

Technically, I love aptosid. It's still one of the best distros around. But that's not the reason why I leave.
      Quote:

tr0nic you have a whole 2 posts

There is a reason why I only have 2 posts. After the sidux -> aptosid move, I decided to follow the aptosid forums only passively.

Wish you good luck.

gutterslobOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 09:50

piper wrote:
      tr0nic wrote:
Technically, I love aptosid. It's still one of the best distros around. But that's not the reason why I leave.

Same here. I like what's under the hood. Actually, not really. I just like SLH's kernels. I currently use another Debian-based distro and just add aptosid sources for the kernels.

I still think aptosid's a great distro. It's a shame the community is as sterile as a Stasi PR department. Could've been so much more, imho Sad

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 26.06.2011, 10:19

Discontentment is part of human nature. You share it or keep it to yourself. Surely a member upon leaving should be allowed to express their view whether it is complementary or not. The same as those who write 'WTF' or 'drama queen' do.

seasonsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 27.06.2011, 02:06

xetaprime wrote:
Surely a member upon leaving should be allowed to express their view

That's fine, but vague ranting and then saying "Everything has been said" is still pointless drama. It's not helpful to anyone else, so why put it on the forum other than to anger others? If someone wants to make an exit thread, they should point out what caused them to leave and then maybe a useful discussion on how to make things better will occur. Oh, and they should post it in the correct fscking forum.

tr0nic
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 27.06.2011, 18:05

Quote:

If someone wants to make an exit thread, they should point out what caused them to leave

I just didn't want to repeat what has been said in various other threads and/or IRC (even back in sidux times). That would be pointless, too.
The reason why I am leaving is most probably the same as why many others have left, and I don't want to start a new (old) discussion again.
I think aptosid devs and members all know what went wrong, and will take (or have already taken) appropriate measures to improve in every way.

Quote:

Oh, and they should post it in the correct fscking forum.

My fault, true. Must be the first time in years though. No need to rant.

seasonsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: this thread will be locked  PostPosted: 27.06.2011, 22:57

tr0nic wrote:
      Quote:

If someone wants to make an exit thread, they should point out what caused them to leave

I just didn't want to repeat what has been said in various other threads and/or IRC (even back in sidux times). That would be pointless, too.

So you admitted your post was pointless? If that's so, then you're part of the problem, not the solution.

xetaprimeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 27.06.2011, 23:37

Quote:
So you admitted your post was pointless? If that's so, then you're part of the problem, not the solution.

I completely understand when someone says they don't feel the need to repeat what is perhaps commonly/already known. I can think of a gazillion times- say, something as simple as a conversation with my Father for example- where I knew it was pointless to repeat what has been said before. And ultimately the decision to open that can of worms is anyone's choice.

Arguing how someone chooses to leave a forum means what exactly? Well, It does highlight your discontent with the discontented and I suppose that is equally valid since people are free to express their views, kinda sorta, maybe.

Best,
Xeta

slamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 06:30
Team Member

xetaprime, making your decisions is ok, of course. Leaving a notice in the forums about it is not needed, but why not. But posting it into the official "News" section with the title you choose was definitaly actively hunting for provocation - and that's not just unfriendly bad behaviour, but also very unwelcome in our forums. You are not the first one, but that's no excuse.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
muchan
Post subject:   PostPosted: 28.06.2011, 08:28

just for the record,
the thread title was set by "tr0nic", not by "xetaprime".

Last edited by muchan on 28.06.2011, 08:42; edited 1 time in total

Jump to: