View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
heppOffline
15 Post subject: [solved] Can not install the CEWE fotobuch  PostPosted: 06.04.2011, 16:42

Tried to install the CEWE software for creating photo book. Ive tried both the Swedish/Danish and German versions without success. The installation process runs fine without any errors but when starting the application I get

hepp@siduxbox:~/OperaDownloads/cewe$ '/home/hepp/CeWe Color/Mein CEWE FOTOBUCH/Mein CEWE FOTOBUCH'
/home/hepp/CeWe Color/Mein CEWE FOTOBUCH/Mein CEWE FOTOBUCH: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN9QMetaType15registerTypedefEPKci

The software can be found at http://www.cewe-fotobuch.de/fotobuch-do ... -danke.php

Any one succeeded with this ?

Last edited by hepp on 07.04.2011, 08:12; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
SordonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 06.04.2011, 18:20

Looks like that the link is leading to a download for Windows. Did you try this this link?

I'm using this software without problems, but make sure that you use the Linux version.

Best Regards,
Sordon

heppOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 06.04.2011, 19:53

Thank's for your reply. Reassuring you have it up and running on aptosid. I have tried installing on two different machines (using the linux version). There are no errors/warnings during installation but I get the same error when trying to run the software.

SordonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 06.04.2011, 20:33

Hmh, strange. You could also try this software. It is actually the same software but delivered from a different company (Müller).

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 06.04.2011, 23:00

I'd suspect that the CEWE package may have been compiled against a different version of QT than what is present on your system

whistler_mbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 06.04.2011, 23:15

You could use a dirty hack and download the package libqt4-dbus-4.6.3, from squeeze, extract it and insert the files in the cewe-program-folder

http://packages.debian.org/de/squeeze/i386/libqt4-dbus/download

heppOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 07.04.2011, 08:11

THANKS's! You solved it. I did go for the simple dirty hack (looked quite harmless) and now it works.

Jump to: