View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bmorencyOffline
15 Post subject: [SOLVED] kernel does not upgrade with apt-get dist-upgrade  PostPosted: 29.05.2011, 03:31

Hi,

For some reason my kernel does not upgrade itself when I type apt-get dist-upgrade. The kernel headers seem to upgrade themselves but the actual image does not. I have to manually install the latest kernel image when I see the headers are updated. As of right now the "linux-headers-2.6.39-0.slh.4-aptosid-amd64" package is installed but the image is not.

I think it started to happen when the 2.6.38 kernel was released and I had trouble with my nvidia drivers. I removed the kernel image as it was causing issues. Does anyone know why it might not auto upgrade itself anymore?

If more info might be needed let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by bmorency on 29.05.2011, 12:59; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
DonKultOffline
Post subject: Re: kernel does not upgrade with apt-get dist-upgrade  PostPosted: 29.05.2011, 05:12
Team Member

bmorency wrote:
Does anyone know why it might not auto upgrade itself anymore?

Do you have the package linux-image-2.6-aptosid-amd64 installed?

Its responsible for bringing in the latest and greatest kernel and was properly removed together with the image you removed…

See also http://manual.aptosid.com/en/sys-admin- ... rn-upgrade

bmorencyOffline
Post subject: Re: kernel does not upgrade with apt-get dist-upgrade  PostPosted: 29.05.2011, 12:59

Quote:

Do you have the package linux-image-2.6-aptosid-amd64 installed?

Its responsible for bringing in the latest and greatest kernel and was properly removed together with the image you removed…

See also http://manual.aptosid.com/en/sys-admin- ... rn-upgrade

Thanks. I did not have that package installed. I installed it and it installed the latest kernel with it.

Jump to: