View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rachepattyOffline
Post subject: Gimp dependency on Python issue  PostPosted: 01.05.2011, 14:45

Hi, I'm trying to install a customized edition of gimp 2.6.11. Right now whenever I try to install it says:

gimp depends on python (>= 2.7); however:
Version of python on system is 2.6.6-14.

I have however installed python 2.7 already but it won't identify that. What can I do besides ignoring the dependency?

Reply with quote Back to top
DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: Gimp dependency on Python issue  PostPosted: 01.05.2011, 18:44

which repo you installing it from?

rachepattyOffline
Post subject: RE: Gimp dependency on Python issue  PostPosted: 01.05.2011, 19:44

ppa:mizuno-as/ppa

More specifically http://www.davidrevoy.com/index.php?art ... e-on-linux

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: Gimp dependency on Python issue  PostPosted: 01.05.2011, 21:30

That looks like a Ubuntu PPA...don't use that with Aptosid as there's a risk you'll break your system as such packages aren't truly compatible with debian

rachepattyOffline
Post subject: RE: Gimp dependency on Python issue  PostPosted: 02.05.2011, 00:13

I know it is a Ubuntu PPA, but under the circumstance it's my best bet to use Gimp-Painter (a modified version of Gimp). I can't for the life of me compile it (2.6.11) but 2.7.2 git Gimp compiles just fine. So I've decided to have it installed as long as it doesn't hinder any other part of my system (I uninstall it every time I install something with apt-get)

Jump to: