View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
todobaratoOffline
25 Post subject: Solved..Laptop freeze if I press kill-wifi switch... bcm43xx  PostPosted: 10.05.2011, 19:58

Hello,

I have one compaq presario CQ56, with aptosid installed, after make some test I find out that the wifi-kill switch make it freeze. If the key is not pressed the system works perfectly.

The bad think is that this kill-switch is on the key board, actually is the key F12. If the user touch it the system will freeze. And go into one loop, where by boot next time after the system reach x server, look-up again. After several intent to boot, I find out that, if I am quick and I press this kill-switch 3 time exactly after x-server was loaded I can broke this loop and works again.

I use the kernel: 2.6.38-6.slh.1-aptosid-686, aptosid-2011-01(the included kernel has the same issue) the driver is brcm80211.

If I unload the driver brcm80211, no freeze by press the kill key.

Is some way to disable the key?

I try to unload the rfkill module, by blacklist it but still load.

I am open to good ideas...

best regards.

Ferenc. Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by todobarato on 15.05.2011, 11:01; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
todobaratoOffline
Post subject: RE: Laptop freeze if I press kill-wifi switch... bcm43xx  PostPosted: 15.05.2011, 10:51

Ok, I take the easy way, install wl proprietary driver.

Best regards-

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: