View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LeTuXOffline
Post subject: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 15.05.2011, 16:51

My d-u takes more than an hour, because hundreds of messages like this fly by:

"Gdk Pixbuf WARNING**:Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders-cache': file or directory not found"

After hundreds of these messages, upgrade continues, then again hundreds of these messages occur, and so on, before upgrade is finished and the installation doesn't show any defect.

How can I avoid these warnings (aptosid 64 bit)?

A folder named "/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0" exists, but it does not contain a file or folder "loaders-cache", only some *so files.

Alexander

Reply with quote Back to top
piperOffline
Post subject: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 15.05.2011, 20:08

possible Bug#625203

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux. ... ral/824570

doctordruidphdOffline
Post subject: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 15.05.2011, 20:25

Workaround:
touch /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders-cache

You will need to get to a console. If you are doing the d-u from 'single' mode, you may need to break out of the loop with CTRL-ALT-DEL, and then reboot and do the touch before resuming the d-u. You will need to do this as root.

slamOffline
Post subject: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 22.05.2011, 11:06
Team Member

In Aptosid, dist-upgrade is done in init 3 - please see the relevant info in our manuals here http://manual.aptosid.com/en/sys-admin- ... pt-upgrade

This is no upgrade warning topic, moved to general software support.

Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
hubiOffline
Post subject: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 22.05.2011, 14:39

This happenend in whatever runlevel one upgraded and why is it not an upgrade warning when it happens during upgrading?

hubi

slamOffline
Post subject: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 23.05.2011, 08:26
Team Member

The warning does no harm to your installation or your upgrade, so no official "Upgrade Warning" needed from our side here.
Greetings,
Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
finottiOffline
Post subject: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 29.06.2011, 12:27

The work around here doesn't seem to work any more.

I just did a very large upgrade and had these messages running in my screen for about 15 minutes... I thought something was wrong, rebooted (in runlevel 3), tried the workaround suggestion again (had to use "dpkg --reconfigure -a", "apt-get dist-upgrade" to fix the stopped DU) and still had the same problems...

Now, I am not sure if there was a real problem with my initial DU (maybe I should have waited for longer), but I've never seen one take that long on this laptop (i5, SSD, 4GB of ram...).

Luis

bfreeOffline
Post subject: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 29.06.2011, 13:06
Team Member

I just got hit by this but can't see any problems resulting from it.

I now have a /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache (can't be sure if I had one before this d-u or not).

Can anyone who has seen this before check if they have that file before AND after their next d-u?

Perhaps the problem is fixed by the latest uploads so you may just see it for a last time when you d-u.

finottiOffline
Post subject: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 29.06.2011, 13:22

I am not sure this is the case, but maybe the file changed from loaders-cache to loaders.cache? I have both files...

Thanks bfree for the quick reply. I will post here again if I see any more error messages.

Luis

piperOffline
Post subject: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 30.06.2011, 01:14

Perhaps --update-cache

http://developer.gnome.org/gdk-pixbuf/s ... aders.html

I know it's a gnome link, but could help

Is everyone hit by this using a intel video card ?

Seems to be a duplicate of bug 619003

kenyeeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 30.06.2011, 02:30

doctordruidphd wrote:
Workaround:
touch /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders-cache

That's what I did too...ctrl-Z to suspend dist-upgrade, added file, then fg to continue.

kded4 seems to be sucking 100% of CPU again though...on both of my processors, so it created two processes to do it efficiently Razz

arwaOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 19:03

I had all these many warnings, too. While the dist upgrade, I did look into the path /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/ and if I am not wrong there was no *cache file inside of it. After dist-upgrade did finish I have the
/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache file, but no "loaders-cache".

Is there something one still should do or is everything ok with this state now?

Thanks,
arwa

bfreeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 01.07.2011, 19:28
Team Member

arwa, thanks. I would guess this is the hint towards suggesting that a d-u now should cure the problems for most people (even if this d-u might still be painful). I could well be wrong though.

GNUguyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 12.07.2011, 17:54

Just did d-u this AM. Had the gdk-pixbuf warnings roll by for about 15sec or so and then the d-u process continued. This happened twice (I think), but end result was a successful d-u.

Just checked for file and found same as arwa. /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache file, but no "loaders-cache".

hubiOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: gdk-pixbuf loaders-cache not found during d-u  PostPosted: 12.07.2011, 18:27

Maybe piper's hint is a solution for future ooopses:
      Code:
apt-get install libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache

This created the loaders.cache file here.

hubi

Jump to: